Full job details
Hotels Group, we own, operate and franchise more than 5000 hotels, offering more than half a million guest rooms in nearly 100 countries. By bringing
your expertise and passion to any one of our brands, you will help us achieve our
vision : to be the most preferred, admired and successful hotel company the
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts® we want our guests to feel
special, cosmopolitan and In the Know which means we need you to:
- Be charming by being
approachable, having confidence and showing respect.
- Stay in the moment by
understanding and anticipating guests’ needs, being attentive and taking
ownership of getting things done.
- Make it memorable by being
knowledgeable, sharing stories and showing your style to create moments that
make people feel special.
To maintain all uniforms and Hotel linen
to the standard required by the hotel and to make other items as directed and
to offer a repair service to hotel guest.
- To repair all linen and uniforms as required on a daily basis.
- To maintain the sewing machines and equipment in good order.
- To maintain sewing area in a clean and tidy state at all times
- Greet and acknowledge guests
- To maintain all starters and leavers uniform forms and to liase with the director of housekeeping regarding uniforms to be ordered.
- Report to supervisor needed repairs or unsafe conditions
- Follow established safety procedures at all times. Immediately report any health and safety incident, security breaches, concerns or suspicious behaviour to the supervisor or manager on duty
- Respond to guest complaints, special requests and take action to ensure guest satisfaction
- To convert discarded linen as required
- To render repair services for guests
- Work as part of a team and communicate with other departments as per hotel procedures to ensure excellent quality and service
- To maintain an adequate stock of all sewing items and to liaise with the Director of Housekeeping regarding the ordering of replacement supplies
- Maintain logbook as instructed.
- May assist with other duties as assigned
- To work in all areas of housekeeping including rooms and laundry as per business needs
Basic reading, writing, and math skills.
This job requires ability to perform the following:
- Carrying or lifting items weighing up to 50 pounds / 23 kilograms and ability to push/pull medium to large weights/objects
- Frequently standing up and moving about the facility
- Frequently handling objects and equipment to maintain the facility
- Frequently bending, stooping, and kneeling
- Able to work alone as well as being a team member
- Communication skills used frequently when interacting with guests and employees
- Basic reading, writing, and math abilities are used often when reading assignments, completing checklists, replacing room linens and amenities etc.
- Have the ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and/or holidays