Human Resources Officer
2 days left
- Job Level
Responsibilities and Obligations:
- Prepares memos, reports and other correspondence, as requested by the Human Resources Manager.
- Prepares job offer packages (staff agreement, offer letter, summary of benefits etc.) Ensure all documentation required for recruitment are provided before commencement of employment.
- Submits contract expiries/renewals list on a monthly basis to department heads.
- Dealings with staff/guests inquiries.
- Updates record of visas/labor cards renewals and provide list to visa section.
- Coordinates with staff quarters/transport/staff restaurant/clinic.
- Arranges appointments for the Human Resources Manager, ensuring accurate details are recorded in the appointment diary and that relevant information is communicated to all parties concerned.
- Maintains a trace file system, ensuring that daily traced items are brought to the attention of the relevant people.
- Prepares disciplinary letters and maintains a master file.
- Consistently provides and maintains the highest standard of staff/guest care and service.
- Ensures that all reporting staff maintains a high standard of personal hygiene and grooming at all times.
- Assists the Human Resources Manager in maintaining and updating the departmental service manual.
- Ensures that all reporting staff demonstrates the required service standard.
- Assists the Human Resources Manager in regularly monitoring staff performance against agreed criteria.
- Have a good knowledge of all hotel facilities and be able to answer staff/guest questions in a quick, polite and helpful manner.
- Handles any staff/guest complaints or problems promptly and to ensure that all resolved/unresolved incidents are reported to the Human Resources Manager.
- Ensures company, hotel and statutory rules, regulations and policies are adhered to all times.
- Acts on responsibilities for Health and Safety at work.
- Demonstrates a working knowledge of fire prevention and to ensure that staffs follow the hotel evacuation procedures on hearing the alarm.
- Ensures the departmental area is maintained in safe, hygiene and presentable state and to report any damage to furniture, fittings and equipment to the Human Resources Manager.
- Handles staff grievances and disciplinary matters to the agreed hotel standard.
- Carries out any reasonable tasks requested by the Management.
- Maintains effective Communication of Training Activities such as Boards, Posters and Calendars.
- Establishes and maintains records of training for all off-job courses for all employees.
- Maintains standard hotel training equipment and training library resources.
- Contributes towards other hotel activities as appropriate.
- In charge of gathering data from all departments of the name tags needed.
- Handling all the aspects of opening and closing files of the employees.
- Handling all the aspects of finishing and renewing the expatriate's papers.
- Responsible for preparing monthly reports about the duties being performed.
Security, Safety and Health
- Maintains high confidentiality in regards to guest privacy.
- Reports any suspicious behaviour of guests and staff to the General Manager and Security.
- Notifies housekeeper regarding lost and found objects.
- Ensures that all potential and real hazards are reported appropriately immediately.
- Fully understands the hotel’s fire, emergency, and bomb procedures.
- Follows emergency procedures to provide for the security and safety of guests and employees.
- Works in a safe manner that does not harm or injure self or others.
- Anticipates possible and probable hazards and conditions and notifies the Manager.
- Maintains the highest standards of personal hygiene, dress, uniform, appearance, body language and conduct.
- Good command of English and Tagalog or Hindi
- Good knowledge of MS Office i.e. Word, Excel Powerpoint, Outlook, Internet