Guest Relations Executive (Arabesque Restaurant) - F&B - Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa, Kuwait
Full job details
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 10,000 colleagues from over 90 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa, USA and the Middle East.
Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa is a luxurious beachfront that features 317 rooms and suites, 80 serviced apartments and 12 chalets. Guests of the hotel will also have access to 8 distinguished restaurants and lounges, a Talise spa, 200 meter private beach, swimming pool and children's play area, in addition to extensive conference and banqueting facilities.About the Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the Food & Beverage department for a highly motivated and hard working individual. The main purpose of this position is to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the restaurant by coordinating reservations and special events.
- To always embrace the Jumeirah Hallmarks
- To follow proper payroll and uniform procedures.
- To set up the host/hostess stand, review the reservation book and make recommendations as to the setup of the room.
- To open the restaurant for business at the prescribed time each shift.
- To assign seating taking into account service standards.
- To know the server stations, their daily assignments, their personal timing patterns and their maximum workload capacity.
- To maintain a station chart and cover count for the restaurant.
- To be fully capable of working with open table system
- To ensure each guest receives the highest quality of service.
- To greet each guest promptly, courteously, graciously with eye contact, a smile and good posture.
- To handle guests without reservations or those waiting for others to join them.
- To handle lost and found items.
- To seat reservations promptly at a table pre-set for the number in the party.
- To check guest's coats or packages when necessary.
- To address guests by name whenever possible.
- To address guest dissatisfaction immediately and inform the manager of the action taken.
- To answer telephones according to JI standards and take reservations or provide information regarding the restaurant or any other hotel service.
- To anticipate the needs of guests while scanning the room constantly.
- To have in-depth knowledge about the hotels POS system.
- To respond properly in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
- To perform other tasks or projects as assigned by hotel management.
- To identify potential problems and ask for assistance before breakdown occurs.
- To provide lateral service within the hotel whenever needed
To inspect the cleanliness of each section of the dining room and make necessary improvements as well as check each table prior to opening to ensure its proper set.
To pick up the daily menus and insert them properly in their covers.
To inspect every menu and list to ensure their immaculate condition and appearance.
To develop a complete working knowledge of the menus, menu ingredients and what is unavailable for the day.
- High School Diploma
- Experience in similar positions in the Middle East
- Demonstrated experience working in a high volume, high pressure environment
- Administrative skills, able to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Familiar with facilities management system
- Strong verbal and written English and Arabic language skills
- Experience working in the hospitality or other customer service related industry
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications