Mixologist - Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa, Kuwait
Full job details
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 10,000 colleagues from over 90 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa, USA and the Middle East.
Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa is a luxurious beachfront that features 317 rooms and suites, 80 serviced apartments and 12 chalets. Guests of the hotel will also have access to 8 distinguished restaurants and lounges, a Talise spa, 200 meter private beach, swimming pool and children's play area, in addition to extensive conference and banqueting facilities.About the Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen in the Food & Beverage department for a highly motivated and hard working "Mixologist".
- To always embrace the Jumeirah Hallmarks
- To follow proper payroll and uniform procedures.
- To handle all monies and keep bank floats from the hotel.
- To requisition, pick up, verify, and store all requisitions for juices, soft drinks and food items used for the bar areas.
- To stock the bar areas with, juices, soft drinks, glassware and condiments.
- To develop a complete working knowledge of the menu items and their ingredients and preparation.
- To develop a complete working knowledge of all products served by the bar, i.e. mocktails, specialty drinks, etc.
- To understand the menu and the daily specials as well as what is not available.
- To maintain all par stocks during service.
- To ensure that all details of service are performed properly and that every guest receives the highest quality of service.
- To be fully knowledgeable of and utilize the hotel's computer system ringing up sales, printing checks, closing checks and completing closing readings.
- To ensure proper mixing, blending, etc. of drinks.
- To service all drinks for service bar area, guests and the bar area.
- To keep the bar area neat and tidy at all times clearing dishes and glassware whenever possible.
- To ensure that the bar is stocked and all side opening and closing duties are completed.
- To greet each guest promptly, courteously, graciously with eye contact, a smile and good posture.
- To report any accident immediately, no matter how minor, to a manager.
- To respond properly in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
- To perform other tasks or projects as assigned by hotel management.
- To carry trays, bus and reset tables with linen, china, glass and silver if requested
- To present grooming according to the hotel standards.
- To attend all the training subjects to the service colleagues and follow all rules and policies of the hotel
- To identify potential problems and ask for assistance before breakdown occurs
- To provide lateral service within the hotel whenever needed
- Tertiary Education or Equivalent
- Ability to handle large restaurants and guest volumes on a daily basis
- Should be able to work under pressure in a customer service environment
- Good English communication and writing skills
- Should have over 1 year experience in similar position
- 2 years minimum experience working in a multi cultural / 5 star hotel environment