Demi-Chef de Partie - Olio Restaurant (Italian) - Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa, Kuwait
Full job details
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 10,000 colleagues from over 90 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa, USA and the Middle East.
Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa is a luxurious beachfront that features 317 rooms and suites, 80 serviced apartments and 12 chalets. Guests of the hotel will also have access to 8 distinguished restaurants and lounges, a Talise spa, 200 meter private beach, swimming pool and children's play area, in addition to extensive conference and banqueting facilities.About the Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen as "Demi-chef de Partie" in Olio Italian Restaurant for a highly motivated and hard working individual. The main purpose of this position is to assist the Sous Chef in the daily operation in the outlet.
- To have a complete understanding of, and adhere to the company’s policy relating to “What we expect “policies in our Navigator Handbook.
- To assist colleagues, in supporting Culinary teams, if required, to enhance team spirit, develop credibility, respect, openness and trust.
- To report accidents and sickness immediately to the Chef de Cuisine, with clear and concise details as required.
- To identify and request assistance prior to any breakdowns.
- Attends meetings and briefings as instructed by the Chef de Cuisine, and clearly and concisely disseminates relevant information to related teams,if required.
- To relay any breakdown related information to the Chef de Cuisine immediately ,to enable root cause identification and eradicate re occurances.
- To respond to change positively, in the departmental function as dictated by the industry, company or hotel.
- To be an ambassador of Lateral service for the team.
- To have a complete understanding of, and adhere to the company’s policy on Safety Procedures and Practices.
- To have a complete understanding of, and adhere to the company’s policy relating to Food hygiene and Safe Food Handling practices.
- To have a complete understanding of, and adhere to the Culinary standards relating to recipes, preparation methods and plating standards in your outlets.
- To liaise with the Stewarding Manager in order to ensure high standards of cleanliness are maintained in all areas of the kitchen, such as machinery, small Kitchen equipment, floors and fridges
- To ensure that operating and kitchen equipment is maintained to a good standard with minimum breakage.
- To ensure any operating equipment malfunction is communicated to the Chef de Cuisine immediately,to allow for Engineering response.
- To expedite orders on the line,if required.
- To adhere to all pre-determined set-up times and breakdowns for each meal period-event.
- To follow all control and key procedures.
- To ensure all “quality ingredients” are accurately ordered, received and stored following F.I.F.O. rotation.
- To ensure all “quality ingredients’’ are professionally prepared in accordance with recipes ,plating guides ,buffet set ups , with an emphasis on maximising production time and minimizing waste, to support the Culinary Team achieve its financial goals-targets.
- To assist in the development of a safe and clean working environment.
- To take a professional interest and responsibility for the quality of incoming produce, ensuring that all food merchandise is in accordance with order sheets, receiving records and purchasing specifications.
- To assist the storeroom Receiving Clerk in reviewing the quality of goods received,if required,
- To perform daily inspections of all walk-in refrigerators, reach ins , to ensure that proper rotation of food is adhered to prior to and upon completion of your shift.
- To assume a professional interest and responsibility for the quality of food prepared in the employee cafeteria and assistance to the team if required.
- To develop “Chef’s Creations" which meet the needs of the target market and are in line with the operating concept for the restaurants-hotel,and will assist with the development of Personal Culinary Style.
- College or Culinary graduate
- 4 years minimum in five star hotel or fine dining restaurant
- Working with multi-cultural teams
- Good comprehension of the English language
- Computer and Microsoft Office skills
- Internationally approved Food Safety Certificate
- Competitor / best practice knowledge
- Fluency in other languages