Chef De Partie -Talise Nutrition - Talise Café - Jumeirah Beach Hotel
Full job details
At Jumeirah we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunities, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 100 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
Jumeirah Beach Hotel, a spectacular five-star hotel, conference and banqueting destination that aspires to be the most outstanding family resort in the world. Vibrant and luxurious, Jumeirah Beach Hotel is Dubai's premier lifestyle destination, integrating exciting and exhilarating experiences designed for couples, families and friends.
Talise Fitness at Jumeirah Beach Hotel, is the ultimate destination for overall wellbeing.
Boasting unparalleled diversity of facilities and services, including tennis, squash, fitness, aerobics, spa, watersports, marina, dive center and kids club make this a unique and comprehensive destination for a community of health conscious individuals and families.About You
An exciting role has arisen in the Talise Café Culinary department at the Jumeirah Beach Hotel for a highly motivated and hard working chef de partie. The main purpose of this position is to Control the section for which responsible and prepare food on a daily basis according to business requirements.
Achieve inner balance with Talise Nutrition. Talise Nutrition helps individuals eat right and stay in shape.
Your key duties will include:
- To ensure all outlet reports, schedules, standard recipe, and correspondence are completed in liaison with the Sous chef and Chef De Cuisine.
- To have a complete understanding of, and adhere to the company’s policy relating to fire, hygiene and safety.
- Give tasks to Commis Chefs and check that they are carried out in the correct manner.
- To ensure that operating and kitchen equipment is maintained to a good standard with minimum breakage.
- Ensure that training on a one-to-one basis has been carried out and comprehended as per the monthly training plan.
- To check the in coming produce, ensuring that all food merchandise is in accurate with order sheet, receiving records and purchasing specifications.
- To follow strict hygiene rules and maintain what we have already achieved with Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points ( HACCP) throughout the resort.
- Any other duties as may reasonably be requested by the management.
In order to be considered for this role you will show that you have a culinary qualification from a recognised institution and you must possess an Internationally approved Food Safety Certificate.
You should be able to demonstrate at least three years experience of working in the Culinary department of a five star hotel.
This is a very "hands on" and demanding position so it is paramount that you work well in a team but are also able to set standards and lead by example at all times. You must be comfortable working under pressure and be passionate about producing cuisine of the highest possible standards.
You will have good written and verbal English skills as well as a good working knowledge of MicroSoft Office.