Technical Supervisor - Engineering - Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa, Kuwait
Full job details
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 10,000 colleagues from over 90 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa, USA and the Middle East.
Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa is a luxurious beachfront that features 317 rooms and suites, 80 serviced apartments and 12 chalets. Guests of the hotel will also have access to 8 distinguished restaurants and lounges, a Talise spa, 200 meter private beach, swimming pool and children's play area, in addition to extensive conference and banqueting facilities.About the Role
An exciting role as "Technical Supervisor" has arisen in Engineering Department at Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa, Kuwait for a highly motivated and hardworking individual. The main purpose of this position is to be responsible for coordinating the daily operations of the engineering department and to ensure that the property and assets are maintained in the highest order through the implementation of the “ Jumeirah Engineering Management System”.
- Supervision of technical personnel on shift.
- Allocation of work orders, PPM’s to relevant personnel.
- Monitor general quality of work.
- To select correct materials from engineering stores.
- To organise work in a skilled and professional manner.
- To advise senior colleagues promptly of any problems or failures.
- To ensure safe working conditions for yourself and your colleagues and report to senior colleagues of any unsafe working conditions.
- To ensure that work areas are left in a safe and tidy condition.
- Read and understand basic drawings
- To use mechanical/electrical test equipment and instruments.
- Work on own initiative without full detailed supervision or direction.
- Request support and direction as needed.
- Be familiar with and comply with all relevant Engineering Department policies, processes and procedures.
- To perform other duties that management may from time to time reasonably require.
5 Years experience in Five star Hotel environment
Skills & Competencies:
- Good verbal and written English skills
- Good communication skills
- Additional languages preferred
- Basic computer knowledge
- Knowledge of FLS
- Knowledge of High rise buildings
- Knowledge of BMS
- Knowledge of computer maintenance management systems