Full job details
Description You were always one of those curious kids who opened every cabinet, peeked behind every door, and never ceased to ask "why" when given an explanation. Today, you bring your personal style to every experience. You live life to discover. You are passionate about your neighborhood, always looking to explore the places one wouldn’t find in a travel guide. If this sounds like you, you’re in the right place. You’ve got authentic style, natural curiosity and a warm way with people. Renaissance is not just a place to spend the night, it's a place to discover, a place in the world with style like yours. That’s why we’re not just looking for anyone. We’re looking for someone like you.
Wash, mop, and clean the pool deck. Promote a fun and relaxing atmosphere for guests in all recreational activities and areas by expressing an upbeat and enthusiastic attitude. Observe activity in the recreational facility and respond appropriately in accordance with local operating procedure in the event of an emergency. Promote the rules and regulations of the recreation facility. Be aware of possible situations where guests are not able to safely participate in an activity and inform supervisor/manager. Provide assistance to injured guests until the arrival of emergency medical services. Obtain, fold, and stack towels according to company procedures. Report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications. Follow company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearance is clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests’ service needs; assist individuals with disabilities; thank guests with genuine appreciation. Speak with others using clear and professional language. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others. Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards. Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print). Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines (e.g., to identify defects). Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance. Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination. Move over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces as well as up and down stairs and/or service ramps. Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested. CRITICAL TASKS Recreation Communication and Coordination
- Promote a fun and relaxing atmosphere for guests in all recreational activities and areas by expressing an upbeat and enthusiastic attitude.
Recreation Facilities Safety
- Observe activity in the recreational facility and respond appropriately in accordance with local operating procedure in the event of an emergency. Provide assistance to injured guests until the arrival of emergency medical services.
- Promote the rules and regulations of the recreation facility (fitness center, pool/beach, tennis courts, skiing area).
- Be aware of possible situations where guests are not able to safely participate in an activity and inform supervisor/manager.
- Follow company policy and procedure for working with children (e.g., use of waiver forms).
- Complete any certifications/training required by law or manufacturer to instruct guests/clients on the use of equipment.
Recreation Equipment and Supplies
- Obtain required number of towels from Laundry based on expected daily needs, transport to work area (fitness center, locker room, pool, tennis court), and fold and stack according to company procedures.
Recreation and Fitness Area Maintenance
- Wash, mop, and clean the pool deck.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, PLEASED, Guest Response, LEAP) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Provide assistance to individuals with disabilities, including assisting visually, hearing, or physically-impaired individuals within guidelines (e.g., escorting them when requested, using words to explain actions, writing directions on paper, moving objects out of the way, or offering access to Braille or TDD phones).
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
Working with Others
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to promote a clean and safe environment.
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Complete appropriate safety training and certifications to perform work tasks.
- Follow property specific procedures for handling emergency situations (e.g., evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters).
- Follow policies and procedures for the safe operation and storage of tools, equipment, and machines.
- Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and Loss Prevention personnel.
- Maintain awareness of suspicious activity and report any such activity to a manager/supervisor.
- Use proper equipment, wear appropriate personal protective clothing (PPE), and employ correct lifting procedures, as necessary, to avoid injury.
Policies and Procedures
- Follow company and department policies and procedures.
- Protect the privacy of guests and coworkers.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
- Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines (e.g., to identify defects).
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance.
- Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Move over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces.
- Move up and down stairs and/or service ramps.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES Interpersonal Skills
- Customer Service Orientation
- Team Work
- Diversity Relations
- Safety Orientation
- Positive Demeanor
- Stress Tolerance
- Fitness Equipment
- CPR Certification
- First Aid Certification
- Any certification/training required by local/state agencies
- Proper Lifting Techniques
- Hand-Eye Coordination
- Work Conditions
- Physical Strength
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Education High school diploma/G.E.D. equivalent Related Work Experience
No related work experience is required Supervisory Experience No supervisory experience is required Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.