Full job details
Description You were always one of those curious kids who opened every cabinet, peeked behind every door, and never ceased to ask "why" when given an explanation. Today, you bring your personal style to every experience. You live life to discover. You are passionate about your neighborhood, always looking to explore the places one wouldn’t find in a travel guide. If this sounds like you, you’re in the right place. You’ve got authentic style, natural curiosity and a warm way with people. Renaissance is not just a place to spend the night, it's a place to discover, a place in the world with style like yours. That’s why we’re not just looking for anyone. We’re looking for someone like you.
Run sold room reports, verify room status, determine discrepant rooms, prioritize room cleaning, and update status of departing guest rooms. Assist Housekeeping management in managing daily activities. Act as a liaison to coordinate the efforts of Housekeeping, Engineering, Front Office, and Laundry. Document and resolve issues with discrepant rooms with the Front Desk. Prepare and distribute room assignments to Housekeeping staff. Record, monitor, and update list of ‘Do Not Disturb' rooms. Ensure that vacant dirty rooms are cleaned by the necessary time and assign rush rooms and rooms previously on the ‘Do Not Disturb' list. Complete required Housekeeping paperwork. Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; complete safety training and certifications. Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests’ service needs; thank guests with genuine appreciation. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Speak with others using clear and professional language; prepare and review written documents accurately and completely. Enter and locate work-related information using computers. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors. CRITICAL TASKS Safety and Security
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Follow property specific procedures for handling emergency situations (e.g., evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters).
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and security/safety personnel.
- Use proper equipment, wear appropriate personal protective clothing (PPE), and employ correct lifting procedures, as necessary, to avoid injury.
- Complete appropriate safety training and certifications to perform work tasks.
Policies and Procedures
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Follow company and department policies and procedures.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, PLEASED, Guest Response, LEAP) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Exchange information with other employees using electronic devices (e.g., pagers and two-way radios, email).
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
- Discuss work topics, activities, or problems with coworkers, supervisors, or managers discreetly and quietly, avoiding public areas of the property.
- Provide assistance to coworkers, ensuring they understand their tasks.
- Prepare and review written documents (e.g., daily logs, business letters, memoranda, reports), including proofreading and editing written information to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Assign and ensure work tasks are completed on time and that they meet appropriate quality standards.
Working with Others
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
- Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
- Complete required Housekeeping paperwork, including reports, worksheets, activity logs, and checklists.
- Contact Engineering, At Your Service (AYS), Delighted to Serve (DTS), or Housekeeping office directly for urgent repairs.
- Respond promptly to requests from guests, Front Desk, or At Your Service requests.
- Request preventative maintenance or non-urgent repairs using appropriate method (e.g., Hotline, Guestware, Mystique, MLR communication).
- Document and report outstanding issues that need to be handled to the manager/supervisor after shift is complete.
- Check with the appropriate source (e.g., Housekeeping office, manager/supervisor) for additional assignments throughout the shift.
- Identify room assignments and type of cleaning required for each.
- Close out house at the end of shift to ensure assigned rooms were cleaned, and communicate issues to next shift.
- Verify room status listed on report, determine discrepant rooms, prioritize room cleaning, and update status of departing guest rooms.
- Communicate additions or changes to the room assignments to Housekeeping staff as they arise throughout the shift.
- Assist Housekeeping management in managing daily activities of Housekeeping and Laundry.
- Act as a liaison to coordinate the efforts of Housekeeping, Engineering, Front Office, and Laundry.
- Check and resolve issues with discrepant rooms with the Front Desk (e.g., guest was scheduled to check-out but bags were found in the room).
- Prepare and distribute room assignments to Housekeeping staff.
- Coordinate VIP service to ensure VIP's needs are met throughout the stay.
- Record, monitor, and update list of ‘Do Not Disturb' rooms.
- Run reports to determine how many rooms are sold for each day, including the number of arrivals, departures, and vacant ready rooms.
- Document discrepant rooms and submit to Front Desk, Manager, or Accounting.
- Assign rush rooms and rooms previously on the ‘Do Not Disturb' list to Housekeepers as they occur.
- Communicate with Housekeepers throughout the day to ensure that vacant dirty rooms are cleaned by the necessary time.
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES Analytical Skills
- Team Work
- Customer Service Orientation
- Diversity Relations
- Interpersonal Skills
- English Language Proficiency
- Telephone Etiquette Skills
- Form, Report, and Log Completion
- Applied Reading
- Positive Demeanor
- Stress Tolerance
- Safety Orientation
- Time Management
- Detail Orientation
- Planning and Organizing
- Visual Acuity
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Education High school diploma/G.E.D. equivalent Related Work Experience
At least 1 year of related work experience Supervisory Experience No supervisory experience is required Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.