Stylist Supervisor-Public Areas
Full job details
Description You were always one of those curious kids who opened every cabinet, peeked behind every door, and never ceased to ask "why" when given an explanation. Today, you bring your personal style to every experience. You live life to discover. You are passionate about your neighborhood, always looking to explore the places one wouldn’t find in a travel guide. If this sounds like you, you’re in the right place. You’ve got authentic style, natural curiosity and a warm way with people. Renaissance is not just a place to spend the night, it's a place to discover, a place in the world with style like yours. That’s why we’re not just looking for anyone. We’re looking for someone like you.
Clean public and employee restrooms and showers. Clean glass in public and employee areas. Clean floor surfaces in public or employee space using designated chemicals, supplies, and equipment. Dust surfaces in assigned area. Empty trash containers, ashtrays, and ash urns in public areas into proper containers. Inspect condition of furniture for tears, rips, and stains and report damages. Clean and maintain lights. Post caution signs to limit traffic when necessary. Contact other departments directly for urgent repairs. Respond promptly to requests from guests and other departments. Identify and report preventative or other maintenance issues in public areas or guest rooms. Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; complete safety training and certifications; properly store flammable materials. Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests’ service needs; assist individuals with disabilities; thank guests with genuine appreciation. Speak with others using clear and professional language. Support team to reach common goals. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards. Move, lift, carry, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 55 pounds without assistance and in excess of 55 pounds with assistance. Ability to push and pull work-related machinery over sloping and uneven surfaces. Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines (e.g., to identify defects). Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination. Move through narrow, confined, or elevated spaces. Move up and down a ladder. Stand, sit, kneel, or walk for an extended period across an entire work shift. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors. CRITICAL TASKS Safety and Security
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Use proper equipment, wear appropriate personal protective clothing (PPE), and employ correct lifting procedures, as necessary, to avoid injury.
- Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and security/safety personnel.
- Follow Hazardous Material Management Program procedures for handling and disposing of chemicals, fertilizer, pesticides, blood borne pathogens, etc., including using Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Follow policies and procedures for the safe operation and storage of tools, equipment, and machines.
- Maintain awareness of undesirable persons on property premises.
- Complete appropriate safety training and certifications to perform work tasks.
- Follow property specific procedures for handling emergency situations (e.g., evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters).
Policies and Procedures
- Follow company and department policies and procedures.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, PLEASED, Guest Response, LEAP) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
Working with Others
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Move, lift, carry, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 55 pounds without assistance and in excess of 55 pounds with assistance.
- Ability to push and pull work-related machinery over sloping and uneven surfaces.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines (e.g., to identify defects)
- Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Move through narrow, confined, or elevated spaces.
- Move up and down a ladder.
- Stand, sit, kneel, or walk for an extended period across an entire work shift.
- Move at a speed that is required to respond to work situations (e.g., run, walk, jog).
- Move over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces and steps.
- Move up and down stairs and/or service ramps.
- Post caution signs (e.g., wet floor signs) to limit traffic when necessary.
- Contact Engineering, At Your Service (AYS), Delighted to Serve (DTS), or Housekeeping office directly for urgent repairs.
- Select appropriate cleaning chemicals and necessary personal protective equipment for various surfaces and cleaning jobs, following OSHA regulations and corporate standards.
- Respond promptly to requests from guests, Front Desk, or At Your Service requests.
- Identify and report preventative or other maintenance issues in public areas or guest rooms.
Public and Employee Spaces
- Clean public and employee restrooms and showers, including stocking bathroom with adequate paper goods and soap, cleaning all surfaces, and emptying trash.
- Clean glass (e.g., windows, mirrors) in public and employee areas by removing dust, spots, and smears.
- Clean floor surfaces in public or employee space using designated chemicals, supplies, and equipment (e.g., mops, buffers, vacuums, wet vacuum, extractor, shampoo machine, stain remover).
- Dust surfaces in assigned area, including furniture, fixtures, woodwork, pictures, public or house phones, fire extinguisher boxes, exit signs, and air vents.
- Empty trash containers, ashtrays, and ash urns in public areas into proper containers for recycling or disposal.
- Inspect condition of furniture for tears, rips, and stains and report damages to manager/supervisor.
- Clean and maintain lights by wiping lamps, light fixtures, and light switches, checking that they are in proper working condition, and reporting burnt-out bulbs.
- Diversity Relations
- Safety Orientation
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.