Room Stylist Supervisor
Full job details
Description You were always one of those curious kids who opened every cabinet, peeked behind every door, and never ceased to ask "why" when given an explanation. Today, you bring your personal style to every experience. You live life to discover. You are passionate about your neighborhood, always looking to explore the places one wouldn’t find in a travel guide. If this sounds like you, you’re in the right place. You’ve got authentic style, natural curiosity and a warm way with people. Renaissance is not just a place to spend the night, it's a place to discover, a place in the world with style like yours. That’s why we’re not just looking for anyone. We’re looking for someone like you.
Inspect guest rooms, public areas, pool, etc. after being cleaned by Housekeeper to ensure quality standards. Run sold room reports, verify room status, determine discrepant rooms, prioritize room cleaning, and update status of departing guest rooms. Assist Housekeeping management in managing daily activities. Act as a liaison to coordinate the efforts of Housekeeping, Engineering, Front Office, and Laundry. Document and resolve issues with discrepant rooms with the Front Desk. Prepare, distribute, and communicate changes in room assignments. Communicate issues to next shift. Complete required paperwork. Assist management in hiring, training, scheduling, evaluating, counseling, disciplining, and motivating and coaching employees. Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report any maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; complete safety training and certifications. Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards; anticipate and address guests’ service needs; assist individuals with disabilities; thank guests with genuine appreciation. Speak with others using clear and professional language. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards. Move, lift, carry, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 55 pounds without assistance and in excess of 55 pounds with assistance. Ability to push and pull a loaded housekeeping cart and other work-related machinery over sloping and uneven surfaces. Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Stand, sit, kneel, or walk for an extended period across an entire work shift. Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination. Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems. Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print). Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors. CRITICAL TASKS Safety and Security
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and security/safety personnel.
- Follow Hazardous Material Management Program procedures for handling and disposing of chemicals, fertilizer, pesticides, blood borne pathogens, etc., including using Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS).
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Follow property specific procedures for handling emergency situations (e.g., evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters).
- Maintain awareness of undesirable persons on property premises.
- Follow policies and procedures for the safe operation and storage of tools, equipment, and machines.
- Use proper equipment, wear appropriate personal protective clothing (PPE), and employ correct lifting procedures, as necessary, to avoid injury.
- Complete appropriate safety training and certifications to perform work tasks.
Policies and Procedures
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Follow company and department policies and procedures.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, PLEASED, Guest Response, LEAP) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Provide assistance to individuals with disabilities, including assisting visually, hearing, or physically-impaired individuals within guidelines (e.g., escorting them when requested, using words to explain actions, writing directions on paper, moving objects out of the way, or offering access to Braille or TDD phones).
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Provide assistance to coworkers, ensuring they understand their tasks.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Discuss work topics, activities, or problems with coworkers, supervisors, or managers discreetly and quietly, avoiding public areas of the property.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
- Exchange information with other employees using electronic devices (e.g., pagers and two-way radios, email).
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Assign and ensure work tasks are completed on time and that they meet appropriate quality standards.
- Serve as a departmental role model or mentor by working alongside employees to perform technical or functional job duties.
- Encourage and motivate employees to perform their best, take responsibility for tasks and assignments, make decisions and provide input on possible improvements.
- Assist management to ensure that hourly employees have the necessary resources to effectively perform their jobs (e.g., supplies, equipment, and inventory).
- Ensure that hourly employees are trained on company core values, job roles, responsibilities, and technical and service aspects of the job.
- Ensure employee compliance with company standards and policies and external regulations (e.g., safety, OSHA, department-specific procedures such as food standards).
- Listen to hourly employees' suggestions for improving how work is done and how guests are served, gaining management support as needed to act upon suggestions.
- Assist management in establishing and communicating goals, performance expectations, timetables and deadlines for shift or departmental operations to hourly employees and ensure that they are understood.
- Coordinate tasks and work with other departments to ensure that the department runs efficiently.
- Assist management in counseling hourly employees on work related concerns and issues to ensure satisfaction and productivity.
Working with Others
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
- Actively listen to and consider the concerns of other employees, responding appropriately and effectively.
- Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Monitor the performance of others to ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
- Move, lift, carry, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 55 pounds without assistance and in excess of 55 pounds with assistance.
- Ability to push and pull a loaded housekeeping cart and other work-related machinery over sloping and uneven surfaces.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Stand, sit, kneel, or walk for an extended period across an entire work shift.
- Grasp, turn, and manipulate objects of varying size and weight, requiring fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
- Move at a speed that is required to respond to work situations (e.g., run, walk, jog).
- Visually inspect tools, equipment, or machines (e.g., to identify defects)
- Move through narrow, confined, or elevated spaces.
- Move over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces and steps.
- Move up and down stairs and/or service ramps.
- Continual use of manual dexterity and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and fine motor skills.
- Identify and report preventative or other maintenance issues in public areas or guest rooms.
- Contact Engineering, At Your Service (AYS), Delighted to Serve (DTS), or Housekeeping office directly for urgent repairs.
- Respond promptly to requests from guests, Front Desk, or At Your Service requests.
- Identify room assignments and type of cleaning required for each room.
- Complete required Housekeeping paperwork, including reports, worksheets, activity logs, and checklists.
- Document and report outstanding issues that need to be handled to the manager/supervisor after shift is complete.
- Use checklists to ensure that cleanliness and condition of each assigned area meets designated standards.
- Select appropriate cleaning chemicals and necessary personal protective equipment for various surfaces and cleaning jobs, following OSHA regulations and corporate standards.
- Complete incident reports for any incidents or accidents that occur during shift.
Guest Rooms, Villas, and Suites
- Enter guest rooms following procedures for gaining access, such as knocking three times, saying “Housekeeping,” and ensuring vacancy before entering.
- Report missing hotel/resort property and damages to room to manager/supervisor.
Housekeeping Quality Control
- Inspect guest rooms after being cleaned by Housekeeper to ensure quality standards are met.
- Inspect public areas/bathrooms, restaurants, fitness center, pool area, offices, and service areas after being cleaned by Housekeeper to ensure quality standards are met.
- Verify room status listed on report, determine discrepant rooms, prioritize room cleaning, and update status of departing guest rooms.
- Check and resolve issues with discrepant rooms with the Front Desk (e.g., guest was scheduled to check-out but bags were found in the room).
- Assist Housekeeping management in managing daily activities of Housekeeping and Laundry.
- Communicate additions or changes to the room assignments to Housekeeping staff as they arise throughout the shift.
- Run reports to determine how many rooms are sold for each day, including the number of arrivals, departures, and vacant ready rooms.
- Prepare and distribute room assignments to Housekeeping staff.
- Close out house at the end of shift to ensure assigned rooms were cleaned, and communicate issues to next shift.
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES Analytical Skills
- Problem Solving
- Computer Skills
- Customer Service Orientation
- Team Work
- Diversity Relations
- Interpersonal Skills
- English Language Proficiency
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.