Full job details
Description You were always one of those curious kids who opened every cabinet, peeked behind every door, and never ceased to ask "why" when given an explanation. Today, you bring your personal style to every experience. You live life to discover. You are passionate about your neighborhood, always looking to explore the places one wouldn’t find in a travel guide. If this sounds like you, you’re in the right place. You’ve got authentic style, natural curiosity and a warm way with people. Renaissance is not just a place to spend the night, it's a place to discover, a place in the world with style like yours. That’s why we’re not just looking for anyone. We’re looking for someone like you.
Assist the General Accounting department with various administrative and reconciliation duties such as: completing bank reconciliations, processing journal entries, and maintaining various electronic tracking files (e.g., in Excel), as directed by the General Accounting Management. Comply with and review period-end closing documents provided by properties and correct miscoded wages and hours as needed. Organize, secure, and maintain all files and records in accordance with document retention policy and procedures. Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures. Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information and protect company assets. Actively listen and respond positively to customer or client questions, concerns, and requests to resolve issues, delight, and build trust. Speak with others using clear and professional language; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette. Prepare and review written documents accurately and completely; read and visually verify information in a variety of formats. Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others, support team to reach common goals, and listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of employees. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested. General Accounting Processing
- Assist the General Accounting department with administrative and reconciliation duties such as: completing bank reconciliations, processing journal entries, and maintaining various tracking files in Excel, as directed by the General Accounting Management.
- Comply with and review period-end closing documents provided by properties and correct miscoded wages and hours as needed.
- Maintain computer- and paper-based filing and organization systems for records, reports, documents, etc.
- Organize, secure, and maintain all files and records in accordance with document retention policy and procedures.
General Business Services
- Perform area data and administrative duties, such as filing, faxing, journal entry processing, recording and tracking data, maintaining data security and integrity, and maintaining data storage requirements as required.
- Code documents according to company policies and procedures.
- Check figures, postings, and documents for correct data entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes.
- Record, analyze, and store information using computers with business processing software.
- Identify issues and escalate to the appropriate person and/or department.
- Actively listen and respond positively to customer or client questions, concerns, and requests to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Address clients/customers' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Answer clients/customer service related telephone inquires for area of responsibility.
- Follow-up with clients/customers to ensure that issues have been resolved in a timely and accurate manner.
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
- Speak to customers, clients, and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Prepare and review written documents (e.g., daily logs, business letters, memoranda, reports), including proofreading and editing written information to ensure accuracy and completeness.
Working with Others
- Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or clients/guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
Safety and Security
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
Policies and Procedures
- Follow company and department policies and procedures.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.