Full job details
Description You were always one of those curious kids who opened every cabinet, peeked behind every door, and never ceased to ask "why" when given an explanation. Today, you bring your personal style to every experience. You live life to discover. You are passionate about your neighborhood, always looking to explore the places one wouldn’t find in a travel guide. If this sounds like you, you’re in the right place. You’ve got authentic style, natural curiosity and a warm way with people. Renaissance is not just a place to spend the night, it's a place to discover, a place in the world with style like yours. That’s why we’re not just looking for anyone. We’re looking for someone like you.
Check figures, postings, and documents for accuracy. Record, store, access, and/or analyze computerized financial information. Control and secure cash and cash equivalents for property according to cash handling policy and procedures. Organize, secure, and maintain all files and records in accordance with document retention and confidentiality policies and procedures. Prepare, maintain, and distribute statistical, financial, accounting, auditing, or payroll reports and tables. Audit statistical, financial, accounting, auditing, or payroll reports and tables. Audit and reconcile all revenue postings. Post cash entries into accounting system. Assist management in training, evaluating, and motivating and coaching employees; serve as a role model and first point of contact of the Guarantee of Fair Treatment/Open Door Policy process. Report incidents and unsafe conditions to manager; maintain awareness of undesirable persons on property premises. Follow all company policies and procedures; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers. Welcome and thank guests with genuine appreciation; anticipate and address guests’ needs; assist individuals with disabilities. Speak with others using clear and professional language; prepare and review written documents; answer telephones using appropriate etiquette. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others. Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards; identify, recommend, develop, and implement new ways to increase organizational efficiency, quality, and/or safety. Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time; read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print). Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors. CRITICAL TASKS Safety and Security
- Follow property specific procedures for handling emergency situations (e.g., evacuations, medical emergencies, natural disasters).
- Maintain awareness of undesirable persons on property premises.
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Identify and correct unsafe work procedures or conditions and/or report them to management and security/safety personnel.
Policies and Procedures
- Follow company and department policies and procedures.
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, PLEASED, Guest Response, LEAP) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Provide assistance to individuals with disabilities, including assisting visually, hearing, or physically-impaired individuals within guidelines (e.g., escorting them when requested, using words to explain actions, writing directions on paper, moving objects out of the way, or offering access to Braille or TDD phones).
- Provide assistance to coworkers, ensuring they understand their tasks.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
- Discuss work topics, activities, or problems with coworkers, supervisors, or managers discreetly and quietly, avoiding public areas of the property.
- Exchange information with other employees using electronic devices (e.g., pagers and two-way radios, email).
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Prepare and review written documents (e.g., daily logs, business letters, memoranda, reports), including proofreading and editing written information to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Serve as a departmental role model or mentor by working alongside employees to perform technical or functional job duties.
- Assign and ensure work tasks are completed on time and that they meet appropriate quality standards.
- Coordinate tasks and work with other departments to ensure that the department runs efficiently.
- Encourage and motivate employees to perform their best, take responsibility for tasks and assignments, make decisions and provide input on possible improvements.
- Assist management to ensure that hourly employees have the necessary resources to effectively perform their jobs (e.g., supplies, equipment, and inventory).
- Ensure that hourly employees are trained on company core values, job roles, responsibilities, and technical and service aspects of the job.
- Assist management in establishing and communicating goals, performance expectations, timetables and deadlines for shift or departmental operations to hourly employees and ensure that they are understood.
- Coach and develop employees (e.g., create expectations for continual improvement, provide challenging tasks and assignments, hold development discussions, and construct and execute development plans).
- Assist management in preparing and conducting performance reviews of hourly employees.
- Collaborate with management to formally recognize hourly employees' performance contributions.
- Listen to hourly employees' suggestions for improving how work is done and how guests are served, gaining management support as needed to act upon suggestions.
- Collaborate with management to develop and carry-out ideas and procedures, and set goals to continuously improve department performance around guest and employee satisfaction scores.
- Ensure employee compliance with company standards and policies and external regulations (e.g., safety, OSHA, department-specific procedures such as food standards).
Working with Others
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- Monitor the performance of others to ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
- Identify and recommend new ideas, technologies, or processes to increase organizational efficiency, productivity, quality, safety, and/or cost-savings.
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance.
General Finance and Accounting
- Check figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes.
- Record, store, and/or analyze information using property software.
- Control and secure cash and cash equivalents for property according to cash handling policy and procedures.
- Organize, secure, and maintain all files and records in accordance with document retention and confidentiality policies and procedures.
CRITICAL COMPETENCIES Analytical Skills
- Problem Solving
- Computer Skills
- Arithmetic Computation
- Diversity Relations
- Customer Service Orientation
- Team Work
- Interpersonal Skills
- Applied Reading
- English Language Proficiency
- Form, Report, and Log Completion
- Telephone Etiquette Skills
- Positive Demeanor
- Self Development
- Stress Tolerance
- Time Management
- Detail Orientation
- Planning and Organizing
General Finance and Accounting
- Files Security
- Microsoft Office
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Education High school diploma/G.E.D. equivalent Related Work Experience
At least 2 years of related work experience Supervisory Experience No supervisory experience is required Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. Marriott International does not discriminate on the basis of disability, veteran status or any other basis protected under federal, state or local laws.