Director of Sales & Marketing (KSA Market Experience)
The individual will maximize revenues for Dana Beach Resort at Dana Bay through direct sales, marketing and designated activities specific to Banquet & Corporate Sales accounts. Success is measured through increased revenues from the Corporate Sales segment, improved account revenue share and increased customer value. MUST SPEAK FLUENT ARABIC
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Director of Sales will be in charge of the Sales & Catering team reporting to the General Manager, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop and manage effective business plans for assigned segment.
- Achieving or exceeding individual and team sales goals and hotel budgets
- Effectively maintain accounts to achieve business objectives.
- Creating and managing Annual Strategic Plan
- Managing lead sources to ensure quantity and quality of leads
- Identify and stay abreast of industry trends to provide leadership and education regarding the Corporate Segment.
- Seeking new customers through strategic outbound sales efforts for group, extended stay group and transient room revenue
- Conducting sales calls to key accounts or major prospects
- Monitoring sales activities/performance to ensure revenue goals meet or exceed established plan and accurately reporting variance/projections to management
- Work closely with GM and Marketing Manager to effectively communicate new trends and develop strategies to increase revenue.
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with peers, competitors and brand partners
- Adjusting strategy based on competitive market and market segment knowledge
- Responsible for management of customer decisions and the relationship process.
- Responsible for directing and leading activities through internal and external resources.
- Define and improve customer value proposition by assessing the competitive area as it relates to segment.
- Work closely with all levels of the organization to resolve complex issues or concerns; communicating in a clear concise manner.
- Providing support and coaching for team members to drive high levels of performance, job satisfaction, and personal growth
- Training and empowering sales team members to exercise good judgment to make profitable business decisions
- Ensuring that the hotel sales team is effectively using the Sales Tools available
- Candidate must be fluent in both the English and Arabic language (both written and verbally).
- Expect to have in-depth knowledge of Opera, Social Media channels, Microsoft Office package.
- Previous experience of at least 5 years in the Sales Department and at least 1 year in the same position in a luxurious property is required. Previous experience in the Middle East or European experience is preferred.
- A Bachelor Degree in Hotel Management or a related field is preferred.
- Must be a self-starting team player that contributes positive energy.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team oriented environment.
- Excellent ability to conduct group presentations, written and oral.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and reprioritize when necessary.
- Strong business planning, account planning and budget management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be creative to develop strategies that will drive revenue.
- Demonstrated ability to tie strategies and planned actions to results.
- Strong financial/statistical analysis and business case development skills.
- Strong understanding and expertise in the sales process.
- Extensive experience with account management.
- Travel – 25%.