Laundry Manager - InterContinental Regency Bahrain
Full job details
What's your passion? Whether you're into tennis, shopping or karaoke, at IHG we're interested in YOU. At IHG we employ people who apply the same amount of care and passion to their jobs as they do their hobbies - people who put our guests at the heart of everything they do. And we're looking for more people like this to join our friendly and professional team.
Located in the business and leisure hub of the city, InterContinental Regency Bahrain offers its guests the perfect location from where to explore the exciting face of Manama.
The hotel offers 321 spacious rooms including 3 Club floors and 31 luxurious suites. Each room is designed to meet the needs and the expectations of the modern traveler.
From sophisticated dining experiences to a taste of traditional romance, InterContinental Regency Bahrain offers its guest new tastes and unique gourmet treats. With a wide selection of dining options ranging from international, Italian, steakhouse and lounges, InterContinental Regency Bahrain promises to delight your palate.
As a Laundry Manager, you will:
- Manage quality of the laundry services.
Guest laundry, dry cleaning & press work on a daily basis to ensure optimum
quality of work, prompt pick up & delivery is carried out.
- Monitors wash formulas and use of washroom
chemicals in order to maintain whiteness/brightness of linen and to ensure that
linen is returned to user departments free of stains and unpleasant odors.
- Respond to guest complaints and ensure
corrective action is taken to achieve complete guest satisfaction.
- Manage day-to-day staffing requirements,
plan and assign work, establish performance and development goals for team members. Provide mentoring, coaching, and
regular feedback to help manage conflict and improve team member performance.
- Educate and train all team members in
compliance with federal, state, and local laws and safety regulations.
- Ensure staff is properly trained and has the
tools and equipment to carry out job duties.
- Consults frequently with the Executive
Housekeeper to insure that an adequate supply of clean linen available at all
times and particularly at peak occupancy periods.
- Participate in the preparation of the annual
departmental operating budget and financial plans. Monitor budget and control expenses with a focus on increasing
- Maintain proper inventory levels managing
cost per kilo of linen and labor.
- Maintain and order supplies and equipment in
a timely and efficient manner while minimizing waste and maintaining “green” initiatives (examples: IHG’s environmental
- Ensures that laundry FLS standards are
maintained on regular basis
- Develops and implements standard operating procedures,
as well as production and quality standards.
In return we'll give you a competitive financial and benefits package which can include, accommodation, uniform and free meals on duty. Hotel discounts worldwide are available as well as access to a wide variety of discount schemes and the chance to work with a great team of people. Most importantly, we'll give you the room to be yourself.
So what's your passion? Please get in touch and tell us how you could bring your individual skills to IHG.
- Outgoing personality
- Detail-oriented, team builder, passionate
- Worked in similar high quality signature outlets
- At least 2 years experience in the same role.
- Strong Admin, Leadership and Training Skills