Full job details
Transport guest luggage to/from guestrooms. Escort guests to rooms and inform guests of all hotel services and features. Responsible for attending to immediate needs of each guest upon arrival and follow through attention throughout stay. Thorough knowledge of all hotel services and amenities.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, service procedures and standards.
- Ensure that standards are maintained at a superior level on a daily basis.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Be familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Transport guest luggage from the point of arrival at the hotel to their assigned room.
- Transport guest luggage from current room to reassigned room for room changes.
- Transport guest luggage from their room to the point of departure from the hotel.
- Assist in locating guest's lost luggage.
- Correctly tag, store and retrieve luggage from holding room.
- Identify and explain hotel facilities and features to guests while escorting them to their room.
- Identify fire exit closest to guest's room and explain safety features of assigned room.
- Demonstrate use of room key to guests.
- Place guest luggage inside room.
- Identify and explain guest room features to include use of:
- Offer packing/unpacking service; explain pressing and laundry service.
- Maintain accurate knowledge of scheduled functions within the hotel to direct guests to correct locations.
- Relay accurate directions to guests on inquiries of transportation within the local area.
- Maintain accurate log record of guest calls for Bell Person assistance.
- Answer Bell Stand telephone within 3 rings using correct greeting and telephone etiquette.
- Remain in assigned postposition, maintaining correct stance.
- Retrieve guest dry cleaning/laundry from rooms and deliver processed items.
- Deliver items to guest rooms promptly to include:
- Deliver newspapers to specified guestrooms.
- Monitor and maintain appearance of lobby areas and luggage holding room.
- Polish brass luggage carts and maintain cleanliness of carts.
- All other duties as required.
- Experience: Prior hospitality experience, preferably in a similar position.
- Education: High school diploma.
- General Skills: Must be able to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy;
` prioritize, organize and follow-up; be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving
problems using good judgment; follow directions thoroughly; understand a guest’s service needs; work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team; work with minimal supervision; maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
- Technical Skills: Thorough knowledge of all hotel services and amenities; ability to provide clear
- Language: Required to speak, read and write English, with fluency in other languages preferred.
- Physical Requirements: Must be able to exert physical effort in transporting _____ pounds, endure various
physical movements throughout the work areas, reach up and down, remain stationary at times throughout work periods, and satisfactorily communicate with guests and co-workers to their understanding.
- Licenses & Certifications: None required.