Demi Chef De Partie
Full job details
To prepare food items in any section of the kitchen assigned by the Chef De Cuisine according to standard recipes at the highest quality level.
- Follow proper uniform procedures.
- Run the day to day operation of the assigned kitchen section.
- Ensure that mise-en-place is prepared for the shifts needs.
- Ensure that sanitation standards as set forth by Rosewood Abu Dhabi and local authorizes.
- Assist in maintenance and cleanliness of all food preparation equipment.
- Ensure a safe working environment.
- Follow control systems which will ensure quality and portion control.
- Store items properly at the end of the shift.
- Ensure a clean, neat and organized work area.
- Handle and report any accident immediately, no matter how minor.
- Respond properly in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
- Perform other tasks or projects as assigned by hotel management
- Experience: Minimum four years’ culinary/kitchen experience in an international environment.
Must have full knowledge of cooking and presentation of food for all departments in this kitchen. Must have full knowledge of sanitation requirements in handling food.
- Education: High school diploma; culinary certificate preferred.
- General Skills: Must be able to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy;
prioritize, organize and follow-up; be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment; follow directions thoroughly; understand a guest’s service needs; work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team; work with minimal supervision; maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
- Technical Skills: Extensive knowledge in local and worldly cuisines; exceptional guest relations skills;
exceptional employee relations skills; strong organizational skills; computer skills proficiency; thorough understanding of financial reports including labor; ability to effectively direct and manage all facets of the kitchen; ability to lead a team; flexibility with work schedule; excellent presentation skills; strong written and verbal communication skills; excellent listening skills.
- Language: Required to speak, read and write English, with fluency in other languages preferred.
- Physical Requirements: Must be able to exert physical effort in transporting _____ pounds, endure various
physical movements throughout the work areas, reach up and down, remain stationary at times throughout work periods, and satisfactorily communicate with guests and co-workers to their understanding.
- Licenses & Certifications: None required.