Chef de Partie
Full job details
To be responsible for the proper efficiency and profitable functioning of the assigned kitchen. Ensuring that the function provided are of the highest food quality consistent with cost control and profitability margins. All work is carried out in line with the hotel’s guidelines, the departmental business plan and Hotel corporate guidelines and service concepts.
- Follow proper uniform procedures.
- Demonstrate a good sense of aesthetics, decorating and producing food products within the quality standard guidelines established by the hotel.
- Work closely with standard recipes and presentations in order to maintain the established quality level of the kitchen
- Assist in production and maintaining of par stocks of Meat, Vegetables, Dry Store, etc. as determined by the Chef De Cuisine.
- Assist in the training of subordinates, particularly to their development and training process.
- Assume the responsibilities of the Senior Chef De Partie in his absence.
- Work neatly and clean, keeping work areas and walk-ins in accordance with sanitary standards.
- Maintain a cooperative working relationship with fellow employees.
- Respond properly in any hotel emergency or safety situation.
- Perform other tasks or projects as assigned by hotel management and immediate supervisor.
- Experience: Minimum five years’ culinary/kitchen experience in an international environment.
Must have full knowledge of cooking and presentation of food for all departments in this kitchen. Must have full knowledge of sanitation requirements in handling food.
- Education: High school diploma; culinary certificate preferred.
- General Skills: Must be able to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy;
prioritize, organize and follow-up; be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment; follow directions thoroughly; understand a guest’s service needs; work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team; work with minimal supervision; maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
- Technical Skills: Extensive knowledge in local and worldly cuisines; exceptional guest relations skills;
exceptional employee relations skills; strong organizational skills; computer skills proficiency; thorough understanding of financial reports including labor; ability to effectively direct and manage all facets of the kitchen; ability to lead a team; flexibility with work schedule; excellent presentation skills; strong written and verbal communication skills; excellent listening skills.
- Language: Required to speak, read and write English, with fluency in other languages preferred.
- Physical Requirements: Must be able to exert physical effort in transporting _____ pounds, endure various
physical movements throughout the work areas, reach up and down, remain stationary at times throughout work periods, and satisfactorily communicate with guests and co-workers to their understanding.
- Licenses & Certifications: None required.