DUKES DUBAI is located in the heart of New Dubai on the trunk of the Palm, amidst a residential estate and will comprise both a hotel and apartments. The hotel is just 10 minutes’ drive from Dubai Marina and Sheikh Zayed Road, and 45 minutes from Dubai International Airport. It enjoys spectacular beach front views and access to Oceana’s resort facilities.
DUKES DUBAI will proudly rely on Dukes London - the multi-award winning flagship hotel, situated in the heart of London St. James, blending quintessential British charm and cosmopolitan luxury, to create a stunning residence and hotel in Dubai and establish unrivalled British elegance and comfort in Dubai. Our residential community at DUKES promises an ‘all-in-one’ way of life that combines luxury, convenience, privacy, and peace of mind. It will be a retreat from the hustle and bustle of city life, where guests will be treated to an impressive array of first-class amenities and services.
All of our 279 rooms and 227 apartments have been designed with the modern sophisticated traveller and business investor in mind. Bedrooms feature king size beds, walk-in wardrobes and beautiful en-suite bathrooms. The kitchens in our Studios and Apartments are chic in design and fully equipped with top-of-the-range appliances, offering stunning accommodation and living areas at one of the most desirable locations on Palm Dubai.
Proud sister hotel of Dukes London, voted England’s Leading Hotel for the third time in a row at the World Travel Awards.
We are currently looking for an Receiving Officer.
The incumbent in the position is responsible for leading and managing the Receiving and Inventory Control sections of the Finance Department in order to ensure the highest standards of service in accordance with the operating procedures and Standards.
Your main duties will include:
- To supervise the loading, unloading and dispatching of delivery trucks.
- Load and unload at the point of pick-up, delivery or distribution when necessary.
- Keep loading docks and materials and supplies in a neat and orderly fashion.
- To pack, unpack, count, weigh and measure materials, supplies and equipment upon receipt.
- To receive and inspect that all goods are received as per specifications as to weight, trim, count, quality and correct packaging that it has been properly invoiced.
- To inspect the quality and freshness of fruits & vegetables on daily basis with Chef
- Check materials received against invoices and notes breakage and discrepancies in quantity or quality.
- Check the delivery notes and invoices from suppliers against quotations , Purchase Orders and Daily Market Lists
- To ensure that the deliveries of goods by suppliers are consistent with the receiving schedule..
- All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and the Hotel’s policies, practices, and procedures
- At least 2 years of working experience in the Hotel Industry (5 star preferable) Experience with Purchasing/Stock control system is a plus
- Experience in the Middle East is preferable (Dubai experience will be advantageous though not compulsory).
- Fluency in English.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software: Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of FMC Material Control and Sound knowledge of Sun system
Should you believe that you are the right candidate for the role, please apply on this website ONLY by submitting a cover letter, and your full updated CV, featuring a recent photograph. Candidates not meeting this requirement will not be considered. Applications sent directly by email will be disqualified.
DUKES DUBAI is an equal opportunities employer committed to the promotion of equality in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, the provision of training and career development opportunities.