Competitive salary & benefits
Full job details
DUKES DUBAI is located in the heart of New Dubai on the trunk of the Palm, amidst a residential estate and will comprise both a hotel and apartments. The hotel is just 10 minutes’ drive from Dubai Marina and Sheikh Zayed Road, and 45 minutes from Dubai International Airport. It enjoys spectacular beach front views and access to Oceana’s resort facilities.
DUKES DUBAI will proudly rely on Dukes London - the multi-award winning flagship hotel, situated in the heart of London St. James, blending quintessential British charm and cosmopolitan luxury, to create a stunning residence and hotel in Dubai and establish unrivalled British elegance and comfort in Dubai. Our residential community at DUKES promises an ‘all-in-one’ way of life that combines luxury, convenience, privacy, and peace of mind. It will be a retreat from the hustle and bustle of city life, where guests will be treated to an impressive array of first-class amenities and services.
All of our 279 rooms and 227 apartments have been designed with the modern sophisticated traveller and business investor in mind. Bedrooms feature king size beds, walk-in wardrobes and beautiful en-suite bathrooms. The kitchens in our Studios and Apartments are chic in design and fully equipped with top-of-the-range appliances, offering stunning accommodation and living areas at one of the most desirable locations on Palm Dubai.
Proud sister hotel of Dukes London, voted England’s Leading Hotel for the third time in a row at the World Travel Awards.
We are currently looking for an Paymaster/General Cashier.
The incumbent in the position is responsible for leading and managing Payroll sections & General Cashier Section of the Finance Department in order to ensure the highest standards of service in accordance with the operating procedures and Standards.
Your main duties will include:
- Responsible for the monthly Hotel Employees’ payroll computations and bank transfer of salary accurately and timely, including the timekeeping, pay-rates, miscellaneous earnings and deductions.
- Preparing the payroll and other financial reports as requested by Director of Finance, GM or Head Office for analysis reports.
- Preparation and payments of vacations, end of services and Bonus
- Co-operate with human resource for monthly attendant check and all related allowance.
- Responsible for all taxes and other deductions must be accounted for
- Responsible for maintaining the Main Bank account and providing currency exchange to all Hotel Cashiers.
- Maintain adequate levels of cash necessary to replenish hotel cashier floats on daily basis.
- Responsible for daily collecting, verifying and counting all cash envelopes deposited in the cash vault.
- Reads and records totals shown on cash register tape and verifies against cash on hand.
- Maintain over/short record by cashier notifying department head and controller where discrepancies exist. Follow up with deposit discrepancies. To liaise with Income Auditor on this.
- Get the Exchange Rates from the Exchange House and update the Exchange Rate. Ensure the exchange rates obtained are competitive rates.
- 3 years of working experience in the Hotel Industry (5 star preferable) with at least 2 years in a similar position
- Experience in the Middle East is preferable (Dubai experience will be advantageous though not compulsory)
- Fluency in English.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software: Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Zenologic payroll system Opera and Sun systems.
Should you believe that you are the right candidate for the role, please apply on this website ONLY by submitting a cover letter, and your full updated CV, featuring a recent photograph. Candidates not meeting this requirement will not be considered. Applications sent directly by email will be disqualified.
DUKES DUBAI is an equal opportunities employer committed to the promotion of equality in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, the provision of training and career development opportunities.