WHAT WE BELIEVE AND HOW WE CHOOSE TO BEHAVE
At Anantara The Palm Dubai Resort, we always behave in the following way…
- We have pride in the work we do, how we present ourselves, and how we communicate with our guests and our colleagues.
- We use our initiative and always find the best way to solve a problem for a guest or a colleague.
- We work as a team with colleagues across all departments to deliver the highest quality of service on all occasions.
- We always think of new ways to surprise and delight our guests.
- We treat guests and colleagues with dignity and respect. Everyone is important.
- We hold ourselves to the highest standards of honesty and integrity.
- We are proud to represent our hotel and our country to guests from all over the world.
WHY THIS JOB EXISTS
To serve the needs of the business, our guests and our colleagues by supporting the overall Food & Beverage operations of the property so as to maximize customer satisfaction, staff performance, and business results.
All members of the Food & Beverage Department are responsible for ensuring that visitors to the hotel are delighted by the quality, creativity and variety of our food and beverage offerings in every area of the hotel, and that F&B is regarded as a strong point of differentiation for the hotel in its local market.
At Anantara, we are proud to represent our hotel and our country to guests from all over the world. We treat our guests and our colleagues with respect, and work hard together to deliver the highest quality of service to all.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done. Anantara employees always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their colleagues. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- To promote and ensure guest satisfaction, achieved through his/her ability to develop and maintain a strong team environment, placing emphasis on Associate satisfaction and delivery of prompt, courteous service.
- Prompt and courteous delivery of all orders, maintaining a positive image through all each guest contact and through cleanliness of guest areas.
- Assure total guest satisfaction in the service of food and beverage through the supervision of prompt and courteous delivery of all Restaurants and Room Service orders
- During shift, ensure that guests are satisfied by assisting with serving, seating, communication with kitchen, and by striving to speak to all guests.
- Assist in maintaining a highly motivated and well trained staff
- Open and close shift in accordance with Manager’s Checklist.
- Train, maintain and enforce all Anantara Service Standards
- Properly execute revenue and check control procedures on shift
- Maintain a safe and sanitary work environment for all Associates and guests
- Gather and implement all proper tools for running shifts (i.e. schedules, floor plans, reservations, checks)
- Find solutions for problems such as call outs, last minute bookings, or any other daily problems that may arise.
- Be on the floor during entire meal period and ensure adequate coverage
- Ensure that only a quality product is being served
- Maintain proper Associate uniform standards
- Manage an effective repair and maintenance program through the use of work orders, inspections, etc.
- Exercise station rotation to ensure stations are distributed fairly. Handle daily Associate relations (i.e. scheduling, time adjustments, etc.)
- Assist any Associate in his/her job performance, when required, to ensure guest satisfaction. Assist in implementing an effective training program for new and current associates
- Encourage problem solving by Associates through proper training and empowerment, to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Establish effective communication with Associates to gain their trust and respect through his/her hard work. Maintain fair and consistent counseling and/or disciplinary procedures in accordance with Anantara’s Guarantee of Fair Treatment Policy
- Identify and recommend incentive programs, new ideas, and methods of operation
This is a highly-visible guest service position, requiring above average communication skills, interacting professionally with guests.
HOW YOU CAN SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE
Within Anantara, the top-performing people who do this job always demonstrate the following attitude:
- Working with Others:
- They always try to anticipate and exceed the needs of customers and colleagues
- They use their own initiative and good judgement to solve problems in a calm and efficient way
- They enjoy working with others to achieve common goals. They volunteer as required to ensure the success of the team
- They act with personal professionalism and integrity at all times
- Taking Responsibility:
- They always conduct business honestly and fairly. They keep sensitive information confidential.
- They can prioritise their workload effectively and be organised and structured at work
- They manages their time and pay attention to detail. They know their jobs, and are able to work without close supervision.
- They display a positive attitude, even under pressure. They personally check their work to ensure its accuracy.
- Delivering Results:
- They are committed to meeting and exceeding all performance standards
- They constantly look to develop their own professional skills and abilities
- They perform job tasks in line with established policies and procedures
- They always try to provide a top-quality experience to all our guests.