WHAT WE BELIEVE AND HOW WE CHOOSE TO BEHAVE
At Anantara we always behave in the following way…
- We have pride in the work we do, how we present ourselves, and how we communicate with our guests and our colleagues.
- We use our initiative and always find the best way to solve a problem for a guest or a colleague.
- We work as a team with colleagues across all departments to deliver the highest quality of service on all occasions.
- We always think of new ways to surprise and delight our guests.
- We treat guests and colleagues with dignity and respect. Everyone is important.
- We hold ourselves to the highest standards of honesty and integrity.
- We are proud to represent our hotel and our country to guests from all over the world.
WHY THIS JOB EXISTS
To serve the needs of the business, our guests and our colleagues by supporting the food production of the hotel.
Members of the Kitchen Department are responsible for ensuring that all visitors to the hotel are delighted by the quality, creativity and variety of our food and beverage offerings in every area of the hotel, and that F&B is regarded as a strong point of differentiation for the hotel in its local market.
At Anantara, we are proud to represent our hotel and our country to guests from all over the world. We treat our guests and our colleagues with respect, and work hard together to deliver the highest quality of service to all.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Please note that this is not an exhaustive list of everything that needs to be done. Anantara employees always find new ways to look after the business, their guests, and their colleagues. Within this, the key responsibilities for this position are:
- To assist in the preparation & service of food, prepare mis-en-place for the outlets as required.
- Adhere to Anantara food preparation and presentation guidelines to ensure consistent quality culinary offerings to our guests. Continually look to recommend improvements and additions to the Anantara presentation guidelines.
- To keep all working areas clean and tidy to maintain hygienic surroundings.
- Maintain food safety & protection. All food in working areas should be in compliance with food handling techniques, including dating, proper storage, rotation, etc. Maintain basic food safety and sanitation practices.
- Taking responsibility for looking after all hotel property and facilities.
- Participating in departmental training to improve departmental skills and hotel service levels.
- Maintaining and oversee adherence to departmental checklists and cleaning schedules
- Assisting at events, banquets and other functions as required
- Adhering to all personal hygiene and grooming standards, fire safety rules and health & safety rules.
HOW YOU CAN SUCCEED IN THIS ROLE
Within Anantara, the top-performing people who do this job always demonstrate the following attitude:
- Working with Others:
- They always try to anticipate and exceed the needs of customers and colleagues
- They use their own initiative and good judgement to solve problems in a calm and efficient way
- They enjoy working with others to achieve common goals. They volunteer as required to ensure the success of the team
- They act with personal professionalism and integrity at all times
- Taking Responsibility:
- They always conduct business honestly and fairly. They keep sensitive information confidential.
- They can prioritise their workload effectively and be organised and structured at work
- They manage their time and pay attention to detail. They know their jobs, and are able to work without close supervision.
- They display a positive attitude, even under pressure. They personally check their work to ensure its accuracy.
- Delivering Results:
- They are committed to meeting and exceeding all performance standards
- They constantly look to develop their own professional skills and abilities
- They perform job tasks in line with established policies and procedures
- They always try to provide a top-quality experience to all our guests.