Marketing & Communications Manager
- Job Level
WHAT WE BELIEVE AND HOW WE CHOOSE TO BEHAVE
At Anantara we always behave in the following way…
- We have pride in the work we do, how we present ourselves, and how we communicate with our guests and our colleagues.
- We use our initiative and always find the best way to solve a problem for a guest or a colleague.
- We work as a team with colleagues across all departments to deliver the highest quality of service on all occasions.
- We always think of new ways to surprise and delight our guests.
- We treat guests and colleagues with dignity and respect. Everyone is important.
- We hold ourselves to the highest standards of honesty and integrity.
- We are proud to represent our hotel and our country to guests from all over the world.
WHY THIS JOB EXISTS
To serve the needs of the business, our guests and our colleagues by managing the day-to-day marketing & communications activities for the hotel. You will be reporting directly to the Director of Marketing & Communications. This includes developing and maintaining relationships with media bodies, society and opinion leaders, and other key stakeholders. The overall objective is to achieve the marketing and communications objectives and business strategy of the hotel and the overall Anantara brand.
- Assist in developing and implementing the marketing and communications strategy for the hotel.
- Manage all brand advertising, marketing, creative and media buying as per the direction of the DOM&C.
- Develop and distribute all hotel press releases in accordance with the hotel’s key messages and the Anantara tone of voice.
- Develop and manage the hotels CSR activities.
- Manage the media database and media communications and relationships.
- Manage all media fam trips and media entertainment itineraries.
- Maintain and direct all third party agencies relationships as per the hotel’s requirements.
- Manage an effective social media marketing and communications strategy to support the overall business objectives.
- Identify potential sponsorship and promotional opportunities and manage the strategic business alliance and relationships.
- Liaise with the operational departments in the writing and management of all F&B, Rooms and Spa related packages and promotions.
- Provides support on a daily basis to the DOM&C.
- Support key exhibitions and conferences that involve key stakeholders and owners.
- Manage the coordination of photography for advertising, collateral and public relations purposes between the hotel, agencies and suppliers.
- Monitor industry trends and keep senior managers appraised of brand perceptions and any potential issues that would have a negative impact on our business.
- Liaise and meet regularly with Department Heads to ensure that all specific requirements for marketing and PR related work are managed.
DRIVE FOR RESULTS
- Compete against a standard of excellence by setting high performance standards and pursuing aggressive goals.
- Strive for constant improvement and take responsibility for achieving business results despite obstacles.
- Work with the DOM&C to ensure maximum exposure is obtained for all hotel activities functions, promotions programs etc.
- Manage professional photo shoots and coordinate among other departments.
- Maintain and control all branded operational material in accordance with brand standards.
- Provide monthly reports on all media activity, online and print media campaigns.
- Manage the resorts image library.
- Ensure all orders and agency related invoices are prepared in line with policy.
- Assist with the planning and coordination of the monthly and annual reports for both Owning Company and Head Office.
UNDERSTANDING THE BUSINESS
- Demonstrate a high level of interest in and an understanding of issues relevant to your specialist field and understand of business requirements, including industry trends, facts and figures.
- Understand competitors’ major strengths and weaknesses.
- Establish and interpret key performance indicators to manage the business, consistently takes into account financial implications of business decisions and recommendations.
- Understand how the business is run and focus on the major factors necessary to ensure that the business is successful and profitable.
PROBLEM SOLVING AND DECISION MAKNG
- Diagnose problems and thoroughly analyse information to guide decision making.
- Evaluate and assimilate critical information when reaching conclusions and make logical, competent decisions.
- Maintain work flow within the department.
- Work as required in line with hotel activities.
- Thoroughly understand Anantara’s marketing and communication programmes
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- A university degree in Marketing, PR, Business, or related discipline.
- At least three years experience in a PR and Marketing role.
- Excellent English language and communication skills.
- A strong interest in the latest marketing and PR concepts, tactics and techniques.
- Hotel experience preferable.