Full job details
Marriott International is the world’s leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you’ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find Your World.™
Sheraton Grand Hotel, Dubai, United Arab Emirates is planned to open in October 2014.
Located at the forefront of Dubai’s most prominent thoroughfare, the Sheraton Grand Hotel seamlessly connects to the heart of the booming business district. Our hotel is just across from the Dubai World Trade Centre and within walking distance of the Dubai Convention Centre. A short drive will take you to DIFC, Dubai Mall, or downtown, and Dubai International Airport (DXB) is 10 kilometers away. Standing 53 stories tall, the hotel comprises 474 guest rooms and suites, as well as 180 one- to three-bedroom serviced apartments. All accommodations span at least 36 square meters and feature the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper® Bed. Our expansive conference center boasts meeting rooms with natural illumination and state-of-the-art audiovisual technology. The Sheraton Grand Hotel also offers a Sheraton Club Lounge that has extensive services and exciting 31st-floor views.
We will strive to create and maintain a community of winning talent which feels valued and lives the connection to the brand in whatever we do. We will provide the freedom and support where individuals can demonstrate their skills and abilities; grow and reach their potential in a performance reward driven environment. We will embrace diversity and inclusion and will act honest and ethical in everything we do.
Front Office/Guest Services
The CID Agent is working in the FO back office. His/her main responsibility is to ensure that the passport/ID information of all the in-house guests is entered promptly in the CID Intranet, as per the rules and regulations of Dubai Police. In addition to the data entries, the Data Processing Agent has to assist the other FO associates in improving the response time of handling requests and defects logged in SG System.
• Ensure that services provided to guests/associates are in harmony with our Sheraton core values
• Ensure strict compliance with Sheraton Brand Standards in all related tasks and duties achieving 90% or above in the LRA inspection
• Live the Sheraton Brand Differentiators (Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed, Sheraton Fitness by EXOS, Sheraton Social hour, Sheraton Link by Microsoft and Sheraton Club).
• 100% daily usage of the Master Arrival Report to deliver GPS initiative successfully to our guests.
• Processing all check in and checkout transactions in CID and edirham systems with no delay.
• Ensure that all rooms moves made at reception desks are all moved in CID and edirham systems.
• Assist in improving the requests and defects (SG) response time by cooperating with his/her different associates in the hotel.
• Have a strong relationship with the CID personnel/officers to ensure smoothness of reporting issues.
• Ensure compliance with PCI policies.
• Data Processing Agent must keep all the guests PII (personal Identifiable Information) safe and not to disclose them unless required by and through CID
• Acquire the proper knowledge needed to perform your job properly.
• Use SG to update guests profiles with requests, defects, preferences and any other comments/information acquired during stay
• Be aware of the hotel Fire and Emergency procedures and monitor/control the FO back of the house fire control panel (Repeater).
• Cut and save all checked in VIPs photos and save in VIPs folder to be used for updating the hot sheet by night shift.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities.
He or she:
• Has excellent knowledge of local laws and legislations.
• Has good connection and relationship with Dubai police and CID.
• Has good command of English and Arabic
• Has computer skills
• Is organized and posses good communication and follow up skills.
• Totally embraces the philosophy of guest and customer service and owns the guests.
• Identifies his/her self with the hotel’s brand and operating philosophy.
• Possess a warm and friendly demeanor.
• Strives to achieve satisfaction and delight of our customers.
• Is detail oriented.
• Thrives on pride of work and its product.
• Plays as a team to achieve common goals.
• Has immaculate personal presentation e.g. grooming and conversational ability.
• Demonstrate self-confidence, energy and enthusiasm.
• Has a strong ability to learn skills, retain and demonstrate learning.
• Upholds ethical business practices.