Lifeguard - Jumeirah at Etihad Towers
Full job details
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 100 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa and the Middle East.
Jumeirah at Etihad Towers is part of a new iconic five-towers complex in the capital of the UAE. It is bordered by the sea on one side and the fashionable Corniche on the other. It is easily accessible from the airport and close to the city's shopping malls, and the central business district and Ministries' area. The hotel features 396 uniquely designed, spacious and elegant rooms and suites, offering fully integrated lifestyle technology. Rooms range from 40m² to 60m² and the design led suites from 92m² to the 980m² Royal Etihad Suite on the 60th floor. 199 luxurious serviced residences are available for longer stays. A variety of restaurants and lounges offer an extensive choice of culinary temptations from the 63rd floor to the beach and include all-day dining and Lebanese restaurants with terrace seating. A dedicated executive lounge with all-day food and beverage offerings, an Internet lounge, shower suites and a business Centre with four meeting rooms, is located on level 45. The superbly equipped conference Centre, amongst the largest in Abu Dhabi, includes a ballroom, seating up to 1,400 delegates, 13 meeting rooms and large pre-function areas with sea view. Spend leisure time in the Talise Spa with 14 treatment suites plus Rasoul chamber and hammam, the extensive gym with state-of-the-art equipment, relax in a landscaped oasis of pools and gardens along the private beach or treat yourself to some retail therapy at the exquisite Etihad Towers boutiques.
.About the role
To support the JAD Sports & Leisure facility by ensuring all guests are able to use the wet side facilities in a safe and protected manner as set out by Ellis and Associates, and guest interaction is provided in line with Jumeirah, Signature and LQA standards (as measured by JD Power).
- Ensure all Lifeguard activities adhere to and are in line with Ellis and Associates directives and best practices
- To maintain the 10/20 rule of scanning the pool and to respond to any situation within the pool and surrounding area offering immediate first aid treatment and CPR if necessary
- To ensure the pool and surrounding areas are maintained to a superior level ensuring strict cleanliness in line with Health & Safety standards and Abu Dhabi Municipality requirements
- Checks the first aid kit, oxygen unit and other paramedic’s supplies daily.
- To complete all daily checklist and Areas of Responsibilities in a timely manner
- Participate in any scheduled training sessions and programmes including all required In Service
- To succeed in passing all required audits as set out by Ellis and Associates
- Must lead by example by continuously demonstrating the Jumeirah Hallmarks, Signature and LQA standards in their role continuously
- To have a thorough knowledge of all Sports & Leisure services to effectively promote the department
Must be able to perform any other duties as may reasonably be requested by the management.About you
The ideal candidate will:
- Be dynamic, focused, proactive and result-oriented
- Have self-initiative and independent judgment
- Have exceptional interpersonal skills
- Must have a college diploma or equivalent
- Must be certified in a First Aid Qualification
- Must be Physically fit
- Must have a recognised qualification in swimming
- Must have at least 1 year experience in a similar position
- Must have Communication skills