Full job details
Finance, Cost Controller, Financial Controller
- Drive Market Share and Revenue Performance through proper pricing and mix management.
- Analyze competitive reports and formulate appropriate strategies through use of Deloitte & Touche Reports, Hotelligence and Rate View
- Develop overall pricing strategy to include all market segments and distribution channels.
- Provide guidance on corporate transient negotiated pricing, group pricing for each group, and wholesale pricing
- Ensure effective pricing strategies are in place to reflect asset strength relative to the competition in each market
- Ensure adherence to the Divisional Pricing Policies and compliance to the Best Rate Guarantee (BRG)
- Effectively manage and be in control of all inventory (transient, group, wholesale allotments and other) and pricing strategy in all distribution channels including branded web, 3rd party sites, Trust, and the GDS.
- Lead the Director of Sales & Marketing in the decision making process of promotion participation, offline contracts and pricing
- Closely monitor competitive pricing and understand the impact of relative pricing decisions on property performance.
- Review and analyze data on an ongoing basis.
- Includes but not limited to Rooms Rollup, Pace Report, Geographic Data, Channel Reports, `Trust Reports, IDEASYield Reports, PMS Reports
- Responsible for effective implementation and compliance with Shaza Revenue Management Standards.
- Maintain the accuracy and timely entry of all relevant data in all systems
- Complete understanding and effective execution of current and new RM tools. Includes PMS, IDEASYield, Trust, Opera, Channel Reports, KAM, any new/similar tools or reports developed in 2006 and future years.
- Take a key role in property PMS Conversions
- Take the lead role in property RMS Installations
- Compliance to Shaza Standards for Rate Plans, Rate Categories, Market Segments, Profiles and all other PMS related RM functionalities.
- Ensure accurate and timely entry of rate plans
- Ensure Best Rate Guarantee compliance.
- Clearly communicate to hotel team the strategic vision and objectives on how to drive revenues and improve performance.
- Ensure hotel team members understand the concept of Revenue Management and their role.
- Provide the hotel team with regular updates on hotel performance to include market share, market segment roll ups, and channel metrics.
- Educate the sales team on the effective use of IDEASYield and Opera to improve profitability of group bookings.
- Share best practices and key learning’s with peers and management.
- Identify and communicate to either Regional or Divisional RM team in addition to appropriate technical support bugs/enhancements affecting revenue management from all RM tools, including PMS, IDEASYield, Channel Reports, and branded websites.
- Lead the property’s weekly Revenue Management/Statusing Meeting and contributes to the Daily Operations Meeting.
- Provide Executive Committee with regular revenue management updates.
- Contribute and provide Revenue Management strategic vision during all Regional and Divisional Property Reviews and/or Pricing Meetings.
- Take a strong leadership role in the Monthly Forecasting Meetings.
- Produce accurate forecast on weekly and monthly basis.
- Produce all relevant components of the Budget pertaining to Revenue Management.
- Validate comp set RevPAR forecast by month to ensure effective soft spot calendar planning.
- Identify and develop soft participations/promotions and strategies.
- Lead the Marketing Manager in participation in online strategies
- Recruit, train and mentor (as applicable) the Reservations Manager and/or a strong second with a view to contingency.
- Assist in developing a career path for direct reports.