Director of People Engagement
Full job details
Human Resources, HR Director, HR Manager, Training Manager
- Participates in the development and preparation of the hotel business plan.
- Manages the People Engagement department, recommending long-term goals and developing and implementing strategies to meet them.
- Coordinates and assists heads of department in the preparation of the hotel’s manning guide budget and ensures that staffing levels are in line with the annual manning guide budget.
- Along with the General Manager, develops and sets up a recruitment strategy within the hotel.
- Develops implements and continually reviews People Engagement policies & procedures, practices and personnel administration systems, updating and / or recommending improvements as appropriate to management.
- Ensures that clear lines of communication exist to disseminate information affecting employer-employee relations, employee activities and hotel policies and programs.
- Develops and maintains effective administration of personnel record-keeping, personnel files, personnel reports and statistics.
- Writes regular reports on human resources activities to the executive office and department heads.
- Keep abreast with the labour laws and make sure they are respected and adhered to by the People Engagement processes.
- Conducts Shaza Energizers for his/her team members.
- Manages the recruitment function and develops and implements recruiting systems and procedures in order to attract best-qualified candidates.
- Monitors effective employee relations, health & safety practices and social programs.
- Counsels staff at all levels as needed in area such as recruitment, training and development, career planning, employee relations, discipline, HR legal issues related.
Benefits & Compensation
- Surveys, implements, communicate and administer the compensation and benefits in compliance with labour laws and policies in order to attract and retain employees.
- Oversees the training and development function in the hotel in order to meet the strategic business objectives.
- Organize quarterly colleague meetings where talents are identified and kept on record.
- Support the Shaza Engagement Survey.
- Prepares the annual People Engagement budget and yearly manpower forecast.
Health & Safety
- Understands and strictly adheres to the Rules & Regulations established in regards to hotel’s policy on Fire, Hygiene and Health & Safety.
- Ensures that all potential and real hazards are reported and reduced immediately.
- Adheres to the hotel’s fire, emergency and bomb threat procedures.
- Practices and enforces all emergency procedures to provide the security and safety of guests and employees.
- Ensures that all employees have a complete understanding of and adhere to the Hotel’s Employee rules and regulations.
- Work within all pre-set budgetary limits.
- Comply with all Shaza company policies.
- Comply with all systems and procedures as laid down by the GM and Shaza.