Director of Finance
Full job details
Finance, Finance Director
- Coordinates along with the General Manager the hotel yearly business plan.
- Assesses, evaluates and ensures that long-term and short term goals of the finance operations are met.
- Along with the Corporate Finance team and the IT Manager, install all the necessary software for the Finance team.
- Establish all the Operational Standards given by Corporate Office.
- Controlling Cash flow management
- Implements and maintains local accounting procedures as required by local government regulations and in accordance with Shaza Operating Standards; obtains all necessary business licenses from the appropriate regulatory agencies.
- Maintains accurate and timely financial and operating information and provides analyses, interpretations and projections to management.
- Completes in time external/internal audits with personal accountability for the implementation of agreed audit points.
- Controls all capital expenditures to ensure full compliance with original justification and approval and that they are incurred within the limits of the hotel’s budget.
- Overall management of working capital including management of inventories and receivables.
- Provides administrative support to the General Manager with regard to policy enforcement.
- Ensures adherence to all terms and conditions of the Management Agreement.
- Keeps himself and his team updated of all local laws, rules and regulations and obtains appropriate legal counsel regarding the business practices of the hotel.
- Performs/directs regular inspections and tests to ensure all departments are complying with the required procedures.
- Identifying opportunities for improving and updating service delivery methods and procedures; review with appropriate management staff; implement improvements.
- Maximizes employee productivity and morale within the department and consistently maintains discipline within hotel guidelines and local regulations.
- Schedules employees in line with varying business levels in order to maximize productivity and minimize payroll costs.
- Selects and recruits suitable employees for the department using prescribed set of policies and procedures.
- Identifies training needs and to develop and execute formal training plans for accounting and operational staff.
- Identifies employees with potential for promotion and/or transfer and makes appropriate development plans for him/her together with the Director of People Engagement.
- Conducts monthly departmental meetings with staff in order to review the monthly achievements and areas for development.
- Establishes and maintains effective internal communications including daily meetings with staff to ensure optimum team work and productivity.
- Conducts Shaza Energizers.
Health & Safety
- Understands and strictly adheres to the Rules & Regulations established in regards to hotel’s policy on Fire, Hygiene and Health & Safety.
- Ensures that all potential and real hazards are reported and reduced immediately.
- Adheres to the hotel’s fire, emergency and bomb threat procedures.
- Practices and enforces all emergency procedures to provide the security and safety of guests and employees.
- Ensures that all employees have a complete understanding of and adhere to the Hotel’s Employee rules and regulations.
- Work within all pre-set budgetary limits.
- Comply with all Shaza company policies.
- Comply with all systems and procedures as laid down by the GM and Shaza.