Assistant Director of Sales
Full job details
Sales & Marketing, Marketing Manager, Sales Director, Sales Manager
- Participates in the development and preparation of the hotel business plan.
- Assesses, evaluates and ensures that long-term and short term goals of the Sales.
- To protect and improve current revenue streams from Shaza customers and to seek incremental revenue streams from new clients in the defined regional territory (all segments).
- To achieve targeted revenue goals set by the hotel.
- To assist the Cluster DOS with team management activities, such as leading team meetings and carrying out limited coaching activities.
Additional tasks and responsibilities:
- Set up and conduct sales meetings with existing and prospective clients
- Remain within the budgetary guidelines of the department and manage costs
- Attendance at trade shows
- Prospect for new clients on a weekly basis (minimum 10 hours per week)
- Conduct limited market research to ascertain value of potential new markets
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of customer database using company system
- Write reports on sales activities on a weekly basis
- Create joint marketing campaigns with customers where appropriate
- Assist with the reservation of hotels for special relationship clients
- Take over the activities of the DOA when he is absent
- Develop personal network of contacts in the markets which are new for the company
- Analyse market data to understand development potential
- Assist in the setting of annual goals for the sales team and create personal annual goals using the Shaza template
- Utilise the internet to research sales opportunities for the team
- Provide market information and data to the sales team as appropriate
- Mentor junior sales team members
- Act as the key person in the department for new sales team members (induction, process, procedures, systems)
- Follows the sales and marketing results (accounts’ room night productivity, revenue, etc.) and proposes corrective actions if needed.
- Maintains and maximizes the utilization of all automated sales and reservations systems involved with group business.
- Maintains permanent files for all corporate, group and travel trade accounts with strong room/night potential.
- Through various tools (e.g. media, social events, gatherings with competition etc.), explores economical data, new developments in certain companies’ structures, new assignments, industrial complexes, new business centres, new projects which all could be of interest and benefit of the hotel and distributes this information to relevant staff.
- Keeps close follow up on developments of the competitor hotels (occupancy, structural alterations, renovation, special campaigns, rate promotions, marketing efforts, theme events etc.).
- Proposes ideas for promotional materials to be distributed during sales calls, international trade shows and for other promotional activities.
- Supervises (and handles when necessary) the group and individual reservation requests. Follows-up the progress of the booked business.
- Sets up the corporate rates for local/international companies/travel trade accounts as well as other commercial accounts.
- Collaborates with all local and overseas customers, make personal calls to accounts and traces potential customers.
- Supervises the existence of an efficient customer database system (OPERA), which will be capable of identifying to report sales calls and other sales activities and maintains a vigorous updating exercise in certain periods of time.
- Maintains a fair account distribution amongst the sales employees who will be responsible to manage (visit, handling complaints, update information and follow up) their own account group.
- Updates customers with the latest development of the hotel and informs hotel management of all changes in the customer profile.
- Supervises the coordination with the other department heads to ensure quality of guest / group satisfaction.
- Projects and prepares the participation procedure for domestic or international trade shows, fairs, exhibitions, workshops, road shows, sales blitzes etc. and participates in such professional business related events.
Health & Safety
- Understands and strictly adheres to the Rules & Regulations established in regards to hotel’s policy on Fire, Hygiene and Health & Safety.
- Ensures that all potential and real hazards are reported and reduced immediately.
- Adheres to the hotel’s fire, emergency and bomb threat procedures.
- Practices and enforces all emergency procedures to provide the security and safety of guests and employees.
- Ensures that all employees have a complete understanding of and adhere to the Hotel’s Employee rules and regulations.
- Work within all pre-set budgetary limits.
- Comply with all Shaza company policies.
- Comply with all systems and procedures as laid down by the DOA ,DOS&M, GM and Shaza