Cluster Director of Sales
Full job details
Sales & Marketing, Sales Director
- Participates in the development and preparation of the hotel business plans.
- Assesses, evaluates and ensures that long-term and short term goals of the Sales and Marketing department are met.
- Supervises preparations and definition of the marketing plan and manual for the department and participates in setting up the marketing policies, procedures and objectives.
- Identifies, creates, establishes and makes aware the potentials for a new market in Salalah & Muscat.
- Follows the sales and marketing results (accounts’ room night productivity, revenue, etc.) and proposes corrective actions if needed.
- Maintains and maximizes the utilization of all automated sales and reservations systems involved with group business.
- Maintains permanent files for all corporate, group and travel trade accounts with strong room/night potential.
- Through various tools (e.g. media, social events, gatherings with competition etc.), explores economical data, new developments in certain companies’ structures, new assignments, industrial complexes, new business centres, new projects which all could be of interest and benefit of the hotel and distributes this information to relevant staff.
- Keeps close follow up on developments of the competitor hotels (occupancy, structural alterations, renovation, special campaigns, rate promotions, marketing efforts, theme events etc.).
- Proposes ideas for promotional materials to be distributed during sales calls, international trade shows and for other promotional activities.
- Supervises (and handles when necessary) the group and individual reservation requests. Follows-up the progress of the booked business.
- Sets up the corporate rates for local/international companies/travel trade accounts as well as other commercial accounts.
- Collaborates with all local and overseas customers, make personal calls to accounts and traces potential customers.
- Supervises the existence of an efficient customer database system (FIDELIO), which will be capable of identifying to report sales calls and other sales activities and maintains a vigorous updating exercise in certain periods of time.
- Maintains a fair account distribution amongst the sales employees who will be responsible to manage (visit, handling complaints, update information and follow up) their own account group.
- Updates customers with the latest development of the hotel and informs hotel management of all changes in the customer profile.
- Supervises the coordination with the other department heads to ensure quality of guest / group satisfaction.
- Projects and prepares the participation procedure for domestic or international trade shows, fairs, exhibitions, workshops, road shows, sales blitzes etc. and participates in such professional business related events.
- Prepares the annual Sales and Marketing budget and yearly manpower forecast for the department.
- Responsible for controlling the departmental expenditures and maintaining a healthy P&L
- Maximizes employee productivity and morale within the department and consistently maintains discipline within hotel guidelines and local regulations.
- Schedules employees in line with varying business levels in order to maximize productivity and minimize payroll costs.
- Selects and recruits suitable employees for the department using prescribed set of policies and procedures.
- Give appropriate skills training to team members in order to meet guests’ needs and maintain standards.
- Identifies employees with potential for promotion and/or transfer and makes appropriate development plans for him/her together with the Director of People Engagement.
- Conducts monthly departmental meetings with staff in order to review the monthly achievements and areas for development.
- Establishes and maintains effective internal communications including daily meetings with staff to ensure optimum team work and productivity.
- Conducts Shaza Energizers.
Health & Safety
- Understands and strictly adheres to the Rules & Regulations established in regards to hotel’s policy on Fire, Hygiene and Health & Safety.
- Ensures that all potential and real hazards are reported and reduced immediately.
- Adheres to the hotel’s fire, emergency and bomb threat procedures.
- Practices and enforces all emergency procedures to provide the security and safety of guests and employees.
- Ensures that all employees have a complete understanding of and adhere to the Hotel’s Employee rules and regulations.
- Work within all pre-set budgetary limits.
- Comply with all Shaza company policies.
- Comply with all systems and procedures as laid down by the GM and Shaza.