Welcome to our World
Our Vision at Millennium & Copthorne Middle East and Africa is to be the preferred hotel company for our guests, colleagues, and owners while achieving exceptional growth. We have an Ambition to operate 100 preferred hotels by year 2020.
Millennium Plaza Hotel Doha is centrally located in Al Sadd, the commercial district of Doha and just 25 minutes away from Hamad International Airport. The 5 star hotel has 232 guest rooms and suites offering spacious accommodation and comfort. Facilities include an executive floor and lounge, ballroom and 5 meetings rooms equipped with the latest technologies. The excellent dining options include an international restaurant, a new Asian concept, delicatessen, terrace cafe, lobby lounge and 24 hour room service, while the recreational facilities include a spa and well equipped gym.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Ensure all items are physically received, inspected, and weighed as necessary. In the case of technical items (equipment, furniture and certain food items) the concerned department must be consulted to confirm the quality and specifications. Ensure materials are inspected and measurements thoroughly made as a visual inspection is not enough.
- After inspection ensure the items are ready for collection at the receiving bay for the relevant department.
- After the checking is complete, acknowledge the supplier invoice by putting the receiving stamp on the original and the supplier’s copy of the invoice.
- Ensure that the invoice is current dated and reference number of the authorization is quoted therein. Backdated invoices are not accepted, as this may result in problems regarding settlement. If the invoice is back dated the vendor or his/her representative is requested to correct it and initial for the correction.
- Refer items without authorization to the Purchasing department. Such items are not to be kept in the hotel and the invoice is not to be acknowledged.
- Some items (eg. milk, bread etc.) are received during non-working hours. Apart from such items (list to be prepared and approved by management) no other invoices is to be passed for payment without physically receiving the item.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in 5 star hotel
- Good command of English Language
- Computer literate