Executive Office - Executive Assistant Manager in charge of F&B
Full job details
We are currently seeking for enthusiastic and committed individuals with exceptional communication skills that pride themselves on their ability to deliver extraordinary levels of service and provide creative solutions.
The EAM i/c of F&B is a strategic business leader for the hotel and Food & Beverage operations. S/he is responsible for overseeing all areas within the Food & Beverage department, including Kitchen and EHS ensuring they develop products and services that meet and exceed guest expectations and provides a return on investment to the owners. The position has overall responsibility for achieving financial performance, guest and colleagues engagement; and for supporting Rotana Earth initiatives, and Rotana’s expansion by developing our Talent Pipeline
• Knows the business and keeps abreast of competition and customer trends, new products and legislation. Consults direct reports on operations needs and opportunities. Identifies and communicates potential new revenue opportunities to the hotel department heads influencing the development of plans to tap those opportunities.
• Manages multiple disciplines under Food & Beverage to continually drive total hotel revenue, maximise profitability, and improve colleague and guest engagement while supporting Rotana Earth initiatives and Rotana’s expansion by developing Talent Pipeline.
• Maintains high performance levels in the department by setting SMART goals and expectations in line with company priorities and hotel goals.
• Is highly visible and interacts with guests including meeting planners on a daily basis to obtain feedback on sales efforts, service levels, and overall satisfaction and to build long term relationships. Proactively develops and maintains effective relationships with internal and external key patrons, effectively responds to and resolves guest problems and complaints in a timely manner.
• Reviews comment cards, Rotana Guest Satisfaction survey results, and other data to identify areas for improvement in relation to service, products and promotions. Reviews findings with F&B team and ensures appropriate corrective action is taken.
• Observes behaviours, and provides timely feedback to individuals and/or leaders to ensure continuous improvement of service performance.
• Fosters an environment of teamwork where colleagues can communicate openly; keeps colleague informed of key business information.
• Celebrate successes and recognises the contribution of team members; ensuring recognition occurs throughout the department and the hotel.
• Creates appropriate Personal Development Plans and develops team members based on their individual strengths, development needs, and career aspirations. Identifies future leaders within the hotel and ensures they have a Personal Development Plan to continuously grow within the company.
• Oversees all training activities of F&B department in conjunction with the Director of Learning and Development to ensure compliance with legal requirements, company’s standards, and department learning needs.
• Develops, recommends, implements and manages the Food & Beverage Department annual budget, business / marketing plan, forecasts and manning guide in line with hotel’s objectives.
• Assigns accountability to team members, drives and monitors the execution of the department strategic plan to ensure team delivers impressive results.
• Works with support department heads to ensure Food & Beverage strategies are aligned with the hotel and company goals.
• Makes key decisions to keep the operations running smoothly sometimes with incomplete information and under tight deadline, pressure and reduced headcount.
• Promotes Rotana Earth by monitoring energy and water consumption, substituting products to more environmentally friendly products.
• Supports local community needs and participating in various activities to engage the local communities and to promote environmental sustainability.
Education, Qualifications & Experiences
You should ideally have a degree in hospitality management or a related field from an accredited college or university with preferable previous experiences in the same role or with fundamental hotel operation background within a similar market segments. You must be a good computer literate with effective and outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
Knowledge & Competencies
The ideal candidate will be a leader who is naturally hands on, with an on-site management style, good relationship building skills and the ability to prioritize and make effective decisions. Ideally you are a dynamic and entrepreneurial Manager who invigorates and motivates the operation with confidence and style, while possessing following additional competencies:
Understanding the Business
Planning for Business
Drive for Results