Director of Sales & Marketing
Overall responsibility is to maximize all revenue opportunities for Fraser Suites West Bay Doha and to provide effective leadership of the sales and marketing function by executing strategies that result in revenue, profit, brand awareness and customer engagement targets being achieved in accordance with hotel’s business plan.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Overall responsibility for achievement of all budgeted hotel revenue streams. Areas include but are not limited to room revenue, banquet and catering, room rental and resource revenue, all Food and Beverage revenue and audio visual.
- Increase business from existing channels while creating new business development opportunities.
- Owner Relations & Presentations – Develop presentations and key owner communications to best represent the hotel and satisfy the requirements of the ownership group.
- Development and Implementation of Strategic Sales & Marketing Strategies - both short and long-term. A leader with innovative approach that can influence and capture business through enhanced proposals, special events and site inspections. Manage and align advertising opportunities and spend.
- Establish excellent working relationships with all internal stakeholders responsible for driving hotel revenues.
- Responsible for reporting, analytics, pricing, market intelligence while maximizing profitability, forecasting and revenue management strategies. Ensure all associates adhere to the Hotel credit policy and procedures.
- Revenue Management - Collaborate with Revenue Manager to evaluate business opportunities to include but not limited to configuration and compliance of optimization tools including to provide pricing and inventory guidance to all sellers. In addition align with RM and DOF on segment priorities, available need periods, and opportunities to subsequently develop strategies that drive top line revenues.
- Customer Interactions – Relationship building, negotiations and site inspections. Ensure that all sales related activities support our customer satisfaction and retention goals. Business travel as needed to industry trade shows and events.
- Lead, manage and motivate an effective team of sales professionals to drive the department to achieve individual and collective goals.
- Responsible for continually educating and updating sellers about the property (any updates to the physical hotel/renovations/room types, the ins/outs of the property, unique selling strategies) and assist as needed in site visits to “close” the deal.
- Hotel Marketing – Development and management of all property collateral including websites photography, brochures, sales kits and restaurant pieces.
- Social Media & Public Relations – Key stakeholder in property reputation management through these emerging platforms. Ensure that the Social Media and Public Relations strategy is in line with that of brand and is effectively targeting the demographics of the hotel guest.
- Administrative – Computer savvy specifically as it relates to Excel, PowerPoint, etc, performance management (leads, conversion and goal achievement) to gauge effectiveness of deployed resources, approval of sales contracts, etc.
- Community - Representation of the hotel through committees, engagement in local charitable and non-profit entities, outreach opportunities and board participation. Proactively positioning the hotel as a business leader in the community. Identify opportunities for future business development.
- Industry/Civic Relations – Active involvement with Convention and Visitors Bureau and Convention Center resources, as well as applicable tourism and government entities.
- Contracts – Review and approve all contracts and turnovers before being sent to customers Participate in the preparation of the Strategic Business and Operating Plans. Develop relationships with key business customers and foster new business opportunities With the assistance of the Marketing Communications Manager identify, evaluate and secure appropriate sponsorships that generate exposure for Hotel and assist in the development of revenues and image.
- Actively promote ROC.IT core values within the team and across all departments.
- Formal qualifications at tertiary level in sales and marketing or a related hospitality field preferred.
- Prior experience in Doha Qatar in the hotel/serviced residence market (upper scale segment) at DOSM level with minimum 4 to 5 years Sales experience in an internationally branded property with a track record of progression and achievement.
- Revenue focused. Emphasis on quality and high value outcomes. High achiever.
- Collaborative leader with a strategic and analytical focus
- Ability to conceptualize and execute strategies for self and team, clarify and assign tasks and seek commitment of others. Prepares and submits reports on time.
- Focus on achieving successful outcomes by engaging others.
- High degree of proficiency in English language (written and spoken), able to deliver effective presentations to small-medium sized groups, principled negotiator, able to share ideas and enlist the support of others.
- Effective leadership and coaching skills, hands on, leads by example, supports others.
- Able to adapt to rapidly changing environment, responsive to the needs of the business and all stakeholders.
- Demonstrate sound decision making skills and good judgment.