Sales Coordinator - Based in Dubai
Full job details
Hotels Group, we own, operate and franchise more than 5000 hotels, offering more than half a million guest rooms in nearly 100 countries. By bringing
your expertise and passion to any one of our brands, you will help us achieve our
vision : to be the most preferred, admired and successful hotel company the
At InterContinental Hotels & Resorts® we want our guests to feel
special, cosmopolitan and In the Know which means we need you to:
- Be charming by being
approachable, having confidence and showing respect.
- Stay in the moment by
understanding and anticipating guests’ needs, being attentive and taking
ownership of getting things done.
- Make it memorable by being
knowledgeable, sharing stories and showing your style to create moments that
make people feel special.
- Provide a co-ordination and administrative service for the hotel sales team to assist with revenue generation of the hotel and all hotels within the InterContinental Hotels Group. Work with other IHG properties and assist superiors including regional sales personnel to sell their properties.
- Promote the desired work culture around the five winning ways – Aim higher, Work better together, Celebrate the difference, Do the right thing & Show we care.
- Prepare all administration documents required by the Hotel sales team.
- Attend to telephone, fax, email enquiries in a timely manner.
- Attend daily / weekly and monthly commercial related meetings.
- Attend to all sales department mail and maintain a correspondence data base.
- Maintain filing systems (manual and electronic) and managing database.
- Assist with promotions and mass mailing where requested.
- Assist with compilation of annual budgets, business plan and regular action plans.
- Execute advertising/creative briefs in a timely manner.
- Maintain and update promotional flyers and the stock of printed material.
- Co-ordinate and maintain supply of corporate gifts and promotional items.
- Assist with the planning and development of promotional strategies and marketing plans for the hotel.
- Distribute sales leads and work in line with business needs.
- Telemarketing and following up on accounts to create demand / promote / highlight opportunities.
- Organize Trade shows, functions and exhibitions where applicable and advised by Superiors.
- Assist Sales colleagues with organizing their business trips / weekly plans.
- Help in organizing group / FIT contracts.
- Be actively present in internal hotel’s monthly / quarter events – I-Celebrate / Wheel forum / People Forum / National days and special cultural celebrations i.e. End of year, Ramadan, Christmas, etc…
- Help in preparing the training / induction plan for
- Co-ordinate all site inspections as required and offer the best experience.
- Follow up with internal and external guests re special request / booking / complaint / BC and IHG rewards memberships.
- Assist the sales colleagues with their monthly entertainment activities.
- Provide guests with information (example: loyalty programs, area attractions, restaurants, facility information) to enhance guest experience.
- Champion IHG business club and make sure bookers activities are recorded in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate understanding and awareness of all policies and procedures relating to Health, Hygiene and Fire Life Safety.
- Familiarize him / herself with emergency and evacuation procedures.
- Ensure all FLS and EHSMS files are in places and updated.
- Assist in the hotel’s sustainability system *Green Engagement*.
- Ensure all security incidents, accidents and near misses are always logged in a timely manner and brought to the attention of the Line Manager.
- Comply with the Company’s corporate code of conduct.
- Get familiarized with the Company values and model desired behaviors.
- Bachelor’s degree / higher education qualification or prior experience in Sales or Hospitality or related field. Strong knowledge of local businesses and business trends required. Must speak English. Other languages preferred.
- Good communication and administrative skills
- Ability to be self-motivated, organized and demonstrate good team work
- Fluency in English
- Computer literacy (Microsoft applications)
- Opera, Delphi
- Pro-active approach, and the ability to meet deadlines