Assistant Pastry Chef
Scope of Position: Works in close coordination with the Pastry Chef to plan production for pastry department, according to menu or special requirements. Supplies recipes for, and suggests methods and procedures to pastry hosts. Requisitions supplies and by Advertise"> equipment. Maintains production records. Actively participates in preparing desserts.
Experience: Three or more years of progressive pastry experience in a leading resort by Advertise"> or hotel,
and have experience in a luxury lifestyle brand with international exposure. Experience in the luxury market is essential. Any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required
knowledge, skills, and abilities is acceptable.
Qualifications: A Culinary degree from a recognized hospitality school preferred.
Special Skills: Maintain physical stamina and proper mental attitude to deal effectively with guests, management, and other hosts with courtesy and tactfulness. Must possess the ability to access all areas of the facility, including working at various heights on ladders, scaffolding, or lifts also within tight areas, withstand various activities such as frequent walking, standing, and bending, and occasionally carrying items weighing at least fifty (50) lbs. including but not limited to delicate china & glassware. Must participate and successfully complete training and educational programs made available to Six Senses Resorts Spas Hosts.
Languages: English with ability to communicate clearly and knowledge as well as abilities in other languages would be beneficial.
Summary of position: To create optimum customer satisfaction by providing the highest standard of pastry quality and presentation at the same time maximizing the profit margins.
• Works with all subordinate pastry staff to ensure that all day to day operational matters are handled on time and guest expectations are met.
• Insures that all pastry production by Advertise"> equipment is functioning properly and preventative maintenance is properly scheduled as well as routine maintenance and repairs are carried out efficiently.
• Monitors the consistency of preparation and presentation of all pastry production areas to ensure that they conform to the requisite standards.
• Helps to ensure that an accurate and up-to-date recipe book is maintained.
• Assists in menu planning as directed
• Assists in maintaining standards of hygiene and cleanliness in all pastry kitchen and related areas
• Prepares and submits reports as directed by superior
• Ensures mise-en-place, production procedures, repair and maintenance, host grooming and manning levels are in order and takes appropriate action where necessary.