Sous Chef (Sabai Thai)
Marriott International is the world’s leading global hospitality company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. With 5,700 properties, you’ll find us in your neighborhood and in more than 110 countries across the globe. Learn about our 30 hotel brands at www.marriott.com/marriott-brands.mi. Find Your World.™
Ideally located the heart of Doha’s residential district on Salwa Road, set in the Bin Mahmoud neighborhood of a vivacious, upcoming skyscraper city, The Westin Doha Hotel & Spa is the first-ever Westin Hotel to grace Qatar.
The Westin Doha offers a tranquil retreat for the weary global traveler with the city’s first Heavenly® Spa, guests are afforded the opportunity to sample the unique Westin well-being promise when staying for business or leisure.
The hotel is the 4th Starwood property in Qatar; with 365 rooms & suites including 2 presidential suites and 5 Pool Villas, 6 restaurants & bars, almost 10,000sqm of meeting & events facilities, business center, dedicated female and male Spa area, 2 outdoor & 1 indoor pools, and a state-of-the-art fitness center.
At Westin, everything we do is designed to help guests feel their best. The Westin Well-being Movement is a global initiative dedicated to inspiring our guests to discover new approaches to well-being at Westin and beyond. The movement features innovative partnerships and programs across Westin's six pillars of well-being: Sleep Well, Eat Well, Move Well, Feel Well, Work Well and Play Well.
• He leads his subordinates in all aspects of food production to the highest professional standards and in accordance with the standard operating procedures as issued by the Executive Chef and Assistant Dir.of Food & Beverage Manager/Director of Food & Beverage.
•Responsible for creative and innovation running of the Outlet to which assigned in accordance to the guidelines given by the Executive Chef.
•Trains staff in the performance of their day-to-day tasks.
•Supports the Executive Chef actively in the creation of new items.
• Holder of a basic Food Preparation Certificate
• Holder of a basic Health & Hygiene Certificate
• To be aware of all Health, Safety and Fire regulations and to abide by their terms
• To ensure that junior members of the team are aware of Health, Safety & Fire regulations and that they too abide by their terms
• To maintain high standards of personal hygiene at all times and to ensure that junior members of the team are aware of and follow those standards
• To demonstrate proper and safe usage of all kitchen equipment
• To support and adhere to the equal opportunities policy of the company
• Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Must possess basic computational ability.
• Must possess basic computer skills.
• Knowledge of computer accounting programs, math skills as well as budgetary analysis capabilities required.
• Thorough working knowledge of hot and cold food preparation.
• Good working knowledge of accepted sanitation standards and applicable health codes.
• Basic mathematical skills necessary to understand recipes, measurements, requisition amounts and portion sizes.
Minimum two years in Sous Chef - Thai Restaurant Sous Chef experience required. Prior supervisory experience required. Previous hospitality experience preferred.