Facilities Director – 5 Star resort Caribbean
Our client a small regional resort company in the Caribbean require a Facilities Director.
The Facilities Director will oversee the functioning of building systems including mechanical, electrical, fire/life safety, and elevators. He will manage the maintenance of buildings and grounds. Oversee contractors for facility renovation projects entailing HVAC, electrical systems, and production floor arrangement. Familiar with a variety of concepts, practices, and procedures as these pertain to the hospitality industry.
The position reports to the Managing Director and is a member of the company’s Executive Team.
Duties include but are not limited to the following areas:
- Assess the current condition of electrical, air conditioning, plumbing and other essential facilities and equipment.
- Maintain accurate records of the condition of the equipment and other systems in the building.
- Create a schedule of regular evaluation of the facilities.
- Participate in the development of policies and procedures that affect the use of supplies and facilities.
- Ensure that all the equipment and other facilities are working properly.
- Create monitoring systems or programs in the institution to detect problems as early as possible.
- Initiate interventions to solve problems in the facilities.
- Develop a system for cleaning, repair and maintenance of facilities.
- Develop back-up or alternative systems for common problems such as power shortage.
- Ensure the safety of the building or establishment from fire, flood and other hazards.
- Initiate an active campaign on safety measures in the building.
- Prepare pertinent records and reports for the safety service division of the institution.
- Recruiting facilities service staff and training them appropriately to ensure competent work output.
- Put in place staff development programs such as skills enhancement trainings and sessions.
- Maintaining the efficiency and good working conditions of the facilities.
- Evaluate the work quality of his staff and other subordinates.
- Coordinate with other offices and units for things that are not within the scope of the facilities service team.
- Participate in preparing the budget and so that the facilities maintenance team will have adequate funds for its operation.
- Educate the workers of the establishment on the proper use and care of its equipment and other facilities.
- Coordinate with the upper management on work issues.
Candidates should be Bachelor Degree educated or equivalent and should have at least 10 years of working experience in the hospitality industry.