Executive Lounge Agent
Competitive salary available
Full job details
Hoteliers since 1897, Kempinski have travelled the world in search of the most fascinating destinations without ever forgetting the finest traditions of its European heritage.
A luxurious alpine retreat in the heart of the desert, Kempinski Hotel Mall of the Emirates is a landmark Dubai hotel and one of Kempinski’s most unique city properties. It combines exciting shopping, entertainment and dining options with lavish accommodation, including 15 spacious but cozy ski chalets overlooking Ski Dubai.
The incumbent in this position is responsible for checking–in and checking-out our guests on the Executive Floor in a friendly and caring manner according to the Kempinski procedures and standards. At all time, he/she displays a professional and positive image of the hotel as he/she plays a crucial role in the first and last impression the guest will have of the hotel.
- Registers guests and assigns rooms, accommodates special requests whenever possible.
- Assists in pre-registration and blocking of rooms for arrivals. Thoroughly understands and adheres to proper credit checks, cashing, and cash handling policies and procedures.
- Maintains an up-to-date knowledge of room locations, types of rooms available as well as the room rates.
- Uses suggestive selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services of the Hotel.
- Coordinates room status, updates with the Housekeeping Department by notifying them of all check outs, early check ins, special requests and day-use rooms.
- Taking same day reservations and future reservations when necessary as well as making cancellations where required. Follows procedure of issuing and closing safety deposit boxes by guests.
- Reads and initials the logbook on a daily basis. Be aware of daily activities taking place in the Hotel.
- Reports any unusual occurrences or requests to Shift Leader or designated Manager.
- Develops a thorough knowledge of computer system, room allocation and types of rooms.
- Stays up to date on rooms rates, packages, discounts in relation to other departments.
- Complete check-in and check-out procedures efficiently.Obtain house bank and keep it balanced. Post charges to guests' accounts.
- Take departmental readings at the beginning of each shift. Handle cash, travelers’ cheques, credit cards and direct billing requested properly.
- Make adjustments and handle paid outs. Transfer folios charged to city ledger to each company master file or PM account.
- Balance total at the close of each shift. Control of meeting room keys and master key of the Hotel.
- Responsible for returning guests’ passports after scanning them immediately
- Minimum of 1 year in customer service position. Proven experience in complying with policies and procedures.
- Working knowledge of reservations department. Strong telephone etiquette.
- Combined background in Food and Beverage and Front Office a distinct advantage.
If you are being considered for this position, you will receive an invitation from us within 30 days