Luxury Cruise Line - Butcher - Worldwide
Full job details
PURPOSE OF POSITION
Food responsible for handling all raw meat preparations assigned by the Head Butcher.
Must have basic professional butcher knowledge and have a clear understanding of how to organize the stores/freezer, being familiar with company standard items.
- Basic professional butcher skills and a good understanding of how to handle, defrost, prepare and portion all cuts of meat.
- Basic Sanitation Skills (USPH).
- Basic mathematical skills and compute calculations.
- Practice economical work practices and avoid any wastage.
- Assist the Butcher during storing.
- Follow thawing and defrosting schedules/procedures according to USPH and company regulations.
- Responsible for the portioning of all meats (crew/staff) and other duties assigned by the Head Butcher.
- Assist the Head Butcher with inventory-taking for all raw meat products.
- Must be familiar with the Ship Rules and Regulations (SMS) and participate in all required Safety/Security Drills.
- Required to have basic USPH knowledge and comply with it at any given time.
- Personality and Appearance: Must have a pleasant and courteous personality. Must be well groomed, and presentable. Health: Must be physically fit and in good health, minimum of eleven hours per day, seven days a week.
- Professional Experience and Education: Requires a minimum of three years in the profession (Quality Hotels or Restaurants); basic butchery skills are required.
- Communication and Language Skills: Must be able to read and speak English clearly in order to interpret documents such as recipes and manuals. Other languages are considered a plus.
- Work Ethic: Must be a serious professional and take pride in their work. Adherence to Company Rules and Regulations is a must for success in the job.