Assistant Outlet Manager - Arboretum - Al Qasr, Madinat Jumeirah Resort
Full job details
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 100 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa the Middle East.
Madinat Jumeirah – The Arabian Resort of Dubai is a magnificent tribute to Dubai’s heritage with two grand boutique hotels, Arabian summer houses, the exclusive Malakiya Villas, over 40 world-class restaurants and bars, a traditional souk, 3km of waterways with abras, the region's leading conference and banqueting centre, 2km of private beach, the award-winning Talise Spa, and the superlative Talise Fitness health club.
About the Role
A position has arisen for an Assistant Outlet Manager in our all day dining restaurant, Arboretum to assist the Outlet Manager to manage all aspects of the Outlet within the F&B department including the selection, development and performance management of colleagues, optimising profits and increasing sales and assists in managing scheduled shifts ensuring guest satisfaction.
Your main duties will include:
- Monitors effectiveness of workflow & Sequence of Service during service periods and provides hands-on support as and when required.
- Closely monitors the cashiering function of the outlet to ensure compliance with JI Cashiering Procedures.
- Monitors customer satisfaction and respond to customer feedback and complaints ensuring JI & MJ procedures for CSI and Complaint Handling are followed.
- Maintains & actively use a database of customer details/ history and other strategies that assist in guest recognition.
- Advises the Outlet Manager of any improvements needed in relation to restaurants operation including updates to SOPs or addition/ deletion of SOPs.
- Makes suggestions to increase the market share for the Outlet.
- Conducts performance evaluation of colleagues, training of colleagues, guidance, coaching and counseling of colleagues.
- Assists in ensuring that colleagues are aware of the relevance and importance of their activities and how they contribute to the department objectives.
- Assists in determining the necessary competence for colleagues and provide training or other actions to satisfy these needs.
- Provides constant coaching, counseling and discipline to colleagues to ensure their capability to meet the needs of the customer and the organization.
- Monitors manning and competence level of selected colleagues to ensure sufficiency for the department to meet the needs of the organization and customer.
In order to be considered for the role, you will have gained a diploma or degree in hotel management and have at least 2 years experience in Food & Beverage at a management level within a high quality restaurant in a 5* hotel.
It is also essential that you have strong administration and management skills, has the ability to up sell and train colleagues, very hands on and supportive in achieving the common team goals.
You must be well versed in financial aspects and in the Micros Point of Sale system. Fluency in second language other than English is desirable.