Guest Services Manager - Jumeirah Al Naseem, Madinat Jumeirah Resort
Full job details
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 14,000 colleagues from over 140 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, Africa the Middle East.
Set on a private beach, Madinat Jumeirah Resort is an authentic recreation of ancient Arabia, capturing the natural beauty of the region. Madinat Jumeirah features two grand boutique hotels, Al Qasr and Mina A’ Salam, accommodation in 29 traditional summer houses in Dar Al Masyaf, conference and banqueting facilities including two grand ballrooms, a 1000-seat amphitheatre and the region’s only dedicated entertainment centre and multi-purpose venue, Madinat Arena. The facilities are interconnected by 3km of waterways and landscaped gardens.
The resort also provides extensive leisure and health facilities including Talise Spa and Talise Fitness, as well as Souk Madinat Jumeirah, a traditional retail and dining experience showcasing the best of Arabia.
Jumeirah Al Naseem will have 430 luxurious rooms and suites, complete with walk-in rain showers, floor-to-ceiling windows and private outdoor terraces. The hotel is set among lush, landscaped gardens and offers three large swimming pools, as well as private beach access. Two banqueting rooms, each measuring 75 square metres, will complement the existing conference and events facilities at Madinat Jumeirah.
About the Role
An exciting position has arisen for a Guest Services Manager to join the Jumeirah Al Naseem team at the Madinat Jumeirah Resort.
The Guest Services Manager will be responsible for ensuring that all guests’ needs and requirements are met and or exceeded, providing at all times the highest level of service and satisfaction by working closely with all related departments.
Your main duties will include:
- Leading the smooth and efficient daily operation of the Guest Relations Operation; ensuring that all hotel guests and visitors receive an optimum level of service and care at all times.
- Ensuring that all guest arrival and departure procedures are completed as defined in the Guest Services SOP Manual.
- Ensuring that all guest history files are well maintained by supervising maintenance of guest history records and carrying out regular spot-checks on the quality & usefulness of the information.
- Overseeing the duty schedule to ensure that there is sufficient supervision and manning for all daily operations.
- Ensuring that SOP’s and manuals are updated and available for all colleagues.
- Maintaining records of customer feedback and records of action taken to address any complaint, negative rating and/or comments.
- Communicating new or amended procedures to relevant departments/colleagues; ensuring they have been understood.
- Ensuring training plans are established according to the department’s need.
- Attending the daily Rooms Division morning meeting and Operational and Department Head meetings whenever required.
- Providing coaching and counselling to colleagues to ensure their capability to meet the needs of the guest and the resort.
- Ensuring all department expenses are in line with the budget and that all costs are strictly controlled.
- Ensuring all department colleagues attend relevant training.
In order to be considered for this role, you will ideally possess a qualification in Hotel Management. It is essential that you have a minimum of 2 years' previous experience in a Guest Relation Manager Role in a 5 star hotel, ideally within the United Arab Emirates.
You must be able to demonstrate good leadership skills, have a strong command of the English language and be computer literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Property Management System (preferably Opera) and Stores Software (Adaco).