Director of Sales - Corporate - Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa, Kuwait
Full job details
At Jumeirah, we are committed to encouraging and developing our colleagues in world class environments. We value diversity and equal opportunity, employing over 10,000 colleagues from over 90 different countries including locations in Asia Pacific, CIS, Central Asia, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Africa, USA and the Middle East.
Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa is a luxurious beachfront property that features 317 rooms and suites, 80 serviced apartments and 12 villas. Guests of the hotel also have access to 8 distinguished restaurants and lounges, a Talise Spa, 200 meter private beach, swimming pool and children's play area, in addition to extensive conference and banqueting facilities.About the Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen to manage and develop the existing portfolio of accounts and acquiring new clients within the corporate sector.
Reporting to the Director of Business Development & Marketing, the successful candidate must ensure that Jumeirah Messilah Beach Hotel & Spa is the first choice for assigned accounts and that revenues are maximized.
This is a great opportunity for a suitably experienced professional ready to take that next career step and build a future with a world class, luxury brand and industry leader.
- Responsible for achieving the assigned financial targets set by DBD&M
- Managing corporate business inquiries for (individual and groups bookings), conference & events, food and beverage, outside catering and any other revenue center request
- Welcome guests, VIPs, delegations and royal families and attend to all their sales requirements during their stay.
- Collaborate with internal & external contacts/colleagues to ensure the utmost experience possible to own guests
- Ensure achievement of the financial targets under assigned accounts/sector
- Maintain and develop close business relationship with corporate businesses
- Educate and update contacts on product and services
- Build rapport with key decision makers within the sector
- Complete assigned sales calls on a daily basis
- Conduct site inspections when needed
- Conduct regular competitor’s surveys on events being held at competitor hotels and follow-up
- Attend accounts official and social occasions when relevant
- Report sales activities on daily basis using the company’s standard reporting tools
- Organize business entertainment activities with clients and contacts to build relationship, educate on product and drive financial results
- Monitor the market closely and report to news, happenings and market changes with direct effect on corporate business
- Keep track of the competitors regarding special promotions and rate packages
- Communicate effectively to ensure that the sales function is carried out smoothly and commitments are met
- Build up good rapport with the other hotel departments. Collaborate with all colleagues in order to provide the best service and experience possible
- Inform the management about any important corporate local events and VIP visits
- Keep a record and database of all delegations and state officials who stayed in the hotel
- Travel locally or internationally if needed
- Be prepared to perform any other reasonable request from management
Skills and Attributes
- Fluent in both English and Arabic
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and relationship skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Principled negotiating skills
- Corporate segment knowledge
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Strong team player