S&M - Groups Catering and Conference Sales Executive
Full job details
The position serves as the primary sales person for a larger, more complex property. Responsible for proactively soliciting and handling large group/catering related opportunities with significant revenue potential. Works to develop, build and maintain long-term, value-based group customer relationships in order to achieve personal and team related revenue goals. Depending on needs, may focus on all types of accounts, or can specialize and focus on specific segments (e.g., Corporate, Association, etc.). Ensures business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for proper service delivery in accordance with brand standards. Provides service to our customers in order to grow the accounts.
Education and Experience
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major 2 years experience in the sales and marketing, guest services, front desk, or related professional area. 2 years experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
• 4-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 1 year experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Understanding Markets & Maximizing Revenue
• Understands the overall market - competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and knows how to sell against them.
• Targets group accounts, markets or segments with heavy emphasis on proactive solicitation and account saturation.
• Identifies, qualifies and solicits new accounts with a focus on increasing business.
• Strives to achieve personal and property revenue goals.
• Closes the best opportunities for each property based on market conditions and individual property needs.
• Identifies and develops new markets.
Developing & Executing Catering Sales Plans
• Develops and implements an effective catering sales plan.
• Executes designated catering sales strategies to develop and solicit specific accounts to achieve revenue goals.
• Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business and negotiate contracts.
• Achieves solicitation and prospecting goals.
• Maintains and grows business of existing accounts.
• Designs, develops and sells creative catered events.
• Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
• Maintains customer, account and opportunity data.
Building Successful Relationships
• Works collaboratively with Strategic Accounts, Convention Bureaus, and other property counterparts to drive revenue, ensure customer satisfaction and increase market share.
• Develops and manages relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external.
• Uses sales resources and administrative/support staff effectively.
• Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers, industry organizations and brand network to enable future bookings. Activities include sales calls, entertainment, FAM trips, trade shows, etc.
• Utilizes intranet for resources and information.
• Manages group or interpersonal conflicts effectively.
• Participates in site inspections.
• Creates contracts as required.
• Executes and supports brand’s Customer Service Standards and property’s Brand Standards.