Full job details
Responsible for overall supervision and efficient functioning of the Concierge department.
· Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, service procedures and standards.
· Ensure that standards are maintained at a superior level on a daily basis.
· Manage day to day operation of concierge department through activities including, but not limited to staffing, payroll and scheduling.
· Actively respond to and satisfy guest requests and complaints.
· Maintain accurate records of all guest request items.
· Receive and distribute all guest mail. Hold for arrival when necessary.
· Assist with development of all training-related materials and train Concierge staff and all hotel employees in Concierge procedures.
· Conduct meetings regularly within the department.
· Interact in courteous and professional manner with all guests, staff and community members.
· Respond in courteous, professional and rapid manner in order to resolve all guest and staff difficulties.
· Apply principles of logical thinking to a wide range of nonstandard intellectual and practical problems in order to perform and direct many varied and complex tasks.
· Supervise, direct, coordinate, influence and persuade staff in order to maintain service standards of hotel.
· Interact with people beyond giving and receiving instructions, particularly interaction with supervisor, subordinates, co-workers, and guests in completing assignments, resolving staff and guest complaints.
· Interpret and comply with a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagrammatic or schedule form.
· Perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure.
· Maintain clean and safe work area.
· All other duties as required.
· Experience: Minimum one years’ experience as a Concierge for a luxury or ultra-luxury hotel;
· Education: High school diploma.
· General Skills: Must be able to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy;
prioritize, organize and follow-up; be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment; follow directions thoroughly; understand a guest’s service needs; work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team; work with minimal supervision; maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
· Technical Skills: Thorough knowledge of local restaurants, museums and attractions; thorough
knowledge of current events in and around the region; thorough knowledge of Concierge department procedures; ability to train, motivate, evaluate, mentor and direct employees and managers to meet desired ends; ability to lead by example; ability to add and subtract three digit numbers; ability to perform mathematical operations with units of measure including, but, not limited to dollars, cents, feet, inches, cups, pounds and ounces; ability to access, input, analyze and retrieve information from computers; ability to maintain excellent relations with staff; ability to maintain staff and guest confidentiality at all times; ability to accept responsibility for actions of others; exceptional oral communication skills to ensure ability to negotiate and persuade guests and staff to achieve results beneficial to operation of hotel; ability to converse calmly with irate guests, co-workers, superiors and subordinates in sometimes intense emotional situations; ability to focus and maintain attention to performance of tasks despite frequent stressful, emergency, critical or unusual interruptions; ability to memorize, recollect and quickly retrieve dates, names, times and other data; ability to work and complete assignments on time despite frequent stressful, emergency, critical or unusual interruptions; ability to participate in all departmental and hotel-wide meetings.
· Language: Required to speak, read and write English, with fluency in other languages preferred.
· Physical Requirements: Must be able to exert physical effort in transporting _____ pounds, endure various
physical movements throughout the work areas, reach up and down, remain stationary at times throughout work periods, and satisfactorily communicate with guests and co-workers to their understanding.
· Licenses & Certifications: None required; Clef d’Or designation desirable.