Chef de Cuisine - Dai Pai Dong
Full job details
Responsible for running of the Dai Pai Dong Chinese Kitchen in a creative and innovative way by introducing a trendy Chinese Cantonese and Szechwan based a la carte menu, food promotions, as well as signature dishes which will create a positive outlook of the Restaurant. To lead, manage; organize all aspects of food production to the highest professional standard in accordance with the standard operating procedure of rosewood Abu Dhabi.
- Schedules working hours of all Kitchen staff with approval of Executive Chef/Executive Sous Chef, taking into consideration the volume of expected business. Arranges extra staff during high volume of business if warranted by unexpected business or dismisses them earlier if business is slow.
- Ensures that the reputation and image of Dai Pai Dong reflects the highest possible standard and is reputed as the best Chinese restaurant in Abu Dhabi with consistent food quality.
- Accepts flexible working hours according to the business demand
- Attends meetings and trainings required by the Executive Chef
- Assigns in details, specific duties to Unit Chef or subordinates and instructs them in their work.
- Carries out full stock taking at the end of each month in collaboration with the Cost Control Department.
- In charge on personal cleanliness and proper discipline of all employees under his direct supervision.
- To be responsible for the quality of all food prepared in Dai Pai Dong. Checks constantly all dishes for its taste, temperature and visual appearance. Makes sure that all dishes are uniformed and that established portion sizes are adhered to.
- Coordinates closely with the Executive Chef in determining quality and quantity of daily food products to be purchased and prepared. Informs the Executive Chef immediately for out of stock items or none delivered food products
- Discusses with the Executive Chef and recommends menu price adjustments when necessary. Determines selling prices of food items in conjunction with Executive Chef
- Reports to Executive Chef all staff matters, recommends promotions, transfers and all staff related points.
- Checks with maintenance that all kitchen equipment is functioning properly Makes an attempt to prevent damage or loss of equipment. (Instructs staff on how to use kitchen equipment properly)
- Prevents the use of spoiled or contained products in any place of food preparation and prevent employees who are ill or suffering from infection in taking part of the preparation or handling food.
- To be aware of all hotel polices & procedures
- Maintains a friendly and pleasant attitude at all times towards his co-workers. Always wears a clean and tidy uniform, name badge and safety shoes.
- To be familiar with the emergency procedure of the hotel.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Executive Sous Chef or Executive Chef ( Banquet requirements )
- To be responsible for the daily order of food products and all internal kitchen transfers.
- Acknowledges and screens daily work schedule.
- Conducts daily briefing and de-briefing with staff members.
- Manages time effectively by meeting deadlines on time.
- Administers personnel action on leaves & overtime requests, disciplinary actions
- Assists in budgetary and payroll expense control as required.
- Identifies and solves problems in a professional manner.
- Completes the daily log book after duty and mentions all relevant information of the operation including complains.
- Experience: Ten to Fifteen years’ experience in a Mainland China or Hong Kong 5 Star Hotel or
- Education: High School Graduate and culinary school certificate
- General Skills: To run a trendy, busy Chinese Restaurant professionally and with enthusiasm. Must
be expert in all aspects of Cantonese and Szechwan Cuisine so as in Dim Sum and BBQ? Must have knowledge of HACCP, Must possess strong leadership quality, Training techniques, Proper communication and Organizational skills.
- Technical Skills: Knows and understand the job description of all positions in his department, Knows
and understand policies relating to his department, Recognizes good quality food products and presentation. Checks and improves all service standards established by the company, Supervises staff activities to maximize revenue and minimize costs, Provides assistance to the staff when required during the peak periods, maintaining grooming standards for all staff, Manages his food costs.
- L anguage: Good knowledge in English verbally and in writing
- Physical Requirements: Must be able to exert physical effort in transporting pounds, endure various physical
movements throughout the work areas, reach up and down, remain stationary at times throughout work periods, and satisfactorily communicate with guests and co-workers to their understanding.
- Licenses & Certifications: None required.