Full job details
Able to provide Rosewood Abu Dhabi guests and staff a unique and outstanding locker room/spa experience. Provide effective and efficient guest service. Provide members/guests with extensive knowledge of the spa, in order to enhance their visit and promote The Spa at Rosewood members /guests with the highest level of services to increase sales and demand repeat business.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental Rosewood policies/service procedures/standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Follow Spa opening procedures.
- Report to work in appropriate uniform, on time, and well groomed according to Rosewood Abu Dhabi guidelines.
- Guest Service
- Assist members/guests in the following areas:
a. Spa, dining and other reservations and information.
b. Shoe service (men’s locker attendant will do).
c. Locker key administration
e. Pool and Fitness room
f. Towels, robes, sandals and amenities maintenance.
- Assist with lounge Food and Beverage service as needed.
- Attend all scheduled staff meetings.
- Follow-up to spa director on all comments, concerns and suggestions made by staff and Rosewood Abu Dhabi members and guests.
- Explain and promote all spa facilities, services and activities.
- Knowledgeable in all aspects of spa services, programming and reservations.
- Receive and manage all locker room supplies and equipment.
- Continually strive to improve the procedures at the spa attendant’s desk.
- Provide all spa and club related activities to co-workers and Rosewood Abu Dhabi members/guests.
- Follow spa attendant’s procedures in the spa policy/procedure manual.
- Model and reinforce all standards and policies set by The Spa at Rosewood Abu Dhabi
- Provide updates and accurate information regarding spa policy, as well as any supplemental information, which will increase the staff’s knowledge base and effectiveness.
- Attend all spas’ training sessions on a consistent and regular basis.
- Responsible for maintaining helpful, cooperative relations with co-workers.
- Responsible for adhering to Rosewood Abu Dhabi employee handbook guidelines and The Spa Policy/Procedure manual
- Responsible for adhering to Rosewood Abu Dhabi’s core values.
- Responsible for assisting and establishing and maintaining standard of excellence in professional image and service.
- All other duties as required.
- Experience: Minimum 2 years’ experience in a luxury spa environment, preferably within a luxury
hotel. A background in fitness education and/or health related discipline is an asset.
- Education: High school diploma. Diploma or degree in a related field, or equivalent vocational
training certificate, CPR certified.
- General Skills: Must be able to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy;
prioritize, organize and follow-up; be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment; follow directions thoroughly; understand a guest’s service needs; work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team; work with minimal supervision; maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
- Technical Skills: Ability to:
· Language: Required to speak, read and write English. Additional language is an asset
- Physical Requirements: Must endure various physical movements throughout the work areas, reach up and
down, be available at times throughout work periods, and satisfactorily communicate with guests and co-workers to their understanding.