Director of Spa
Full job details
Responsible for supervising the proper operation of the Spa, Health Club and Rosebuds in order to achieve maximum satisfaction of the guests.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all Rosewood Abu Dhabi departmental policies, service procedures and standards.
- Be aware of all products/services that are offered at Spa, health club and Rosebuds program.
- Demonstrate a high level of product knowledge and job skills, showing enthusiasm to always increase this knowledge and that of your staff.
- Project and maintain acceptable payroll commitment.
- Use financial plans for spotting trends, measuring productivity and monitoring progress.
- Control ongoing service and product margin analysis to ensure profitability.
- Implement opportunities for managing operational costs and boosting the bottom line
- Develop procedures for accurate inventory control and monitoring.
- Implement full spa product and service purchasing standards and ensure compliance.
- Administer staff and client scheduling for maximum revenue generation and profitability.
- Develop Spa marketing strategy and ensure a consistent image is being portrayed.
- Be proactive in developing publicity opportunities and effectively dealing with media.
- Develop and maintain gracious and efficient front desk procedures.
- Maintain and update all necessary internal and external guests signage.
- Create ongoing in house promotions and activities to stimulate sales, staff and customers.
- Guide business decisions by staying on top of Spa industry trends.
- Maintain a strong menu of services with both exceptional artistic and aesthetic value.
- Consistently develop and grow retail sales through training, tools and demonstration.
- Ensure Spa is always staged for maximum buyer impact.
- Anticipate, identify and ensure customer needs are being met in the best possible way.
- Monitor customer satisfaction with Market Metris results survey.
- Develop and deliver credible, competitive, value-plus service to the customer.
- Guide staff to become self-sufficient.
- Exhibit a professional attitude, diplomacy and an ability to handle difficult situations.
- Ability to handle any guest/ customer complaints and ensure necessary follow-up.
- Uphold gracious front desk procedures in the booking and handling of customers.
- Maintain fresh, effective programs to consistently retain and grow customer base.
- Develop and maintain compensation guidelines for customer complaints handling.
- Maintain an up to date version of the Spa Procedure Manual ad ensure compliance.
- Maintain company confidentiality, ensuring that business dealings within the organization are not discussed with outside parties.
- Participate in the recruitment efforts for the spa, health club and Rosebuds in consultation with the Hotel Manager and Human Resources.
- Ensure that all aspects of associate performance are managed within the department including on-going associate feedback, counseling and disciplinary requirements, and the associated Performance Reviews. These aspects must be carried out in accordance with corporate guidelines.
- Support all corporate programs and initiatives, relating to associate and guest satisfaction.
- Develop and maintain Spa literature, documentation and process handling requirements.
- Attend management meetings and convey all relevant information throughout the Spa.
- Hold regular staff meeting to keep staff up to date on all aspects of the Spa’s operation inclusive of the health club and Rosebuds.
- Ensure equipment is maintained in good working order.
- Maintain a high level of safety in the workplace.
- Be aware and comply with any state and/or federal legislative obligations that may relate to the department.
- Maintain professional relationship with suppliers and providers.
- Manage inventory effectively, follow purchasing standards and ensure compliance.
- Manage programs for group spa requests and group spa sales. Spa Director should oversee resume, contract, approving appointment schedule and ensuring sufficient and adequate staffing.
- Assist with general secretarial and administrative duties to maintain balancing therapists, adherence to closing procedures; bank and drop standards where required.
- Be articulate in Spa and health club operational programs: Supply Orders, Payroll, Front line incentives and commissions.
- Be flexible to help out in any service area when guests demand dictates.
- Supervise and make sure that a professional attitude is observed at all times by all staff. Address behavior and follow disciplinary programs as necessary.
- Maintain personal grooming and appearance according to the standards
- Maintain a positive attitude toward guests, co-workers and subordinates. Do not engage in gossip or any dialogue that may diminish the direction and goals of RCH/RHR.
- Keep an open and flexible attitude; be willing to change.
- All other duties as required.
- Experience: Minimum 3 years’ experience as a Spa Director at a 5 star hotel.
- Education: High school diploma
- General Skills: Must be able to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy;
prioritize, organize and follow-up; be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment; follow directions thoroughly; understand a guest’s service needs; work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team; work with minimal supervision; maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
- Technical Skills: Knowledge of Spa Operation management and Spa products; ability to satisfactorily
communicate in English with guests, management and co-workers to their understanding; ability to provide legible communication; ability to manage payroll; ability to keep control of the budget; ability to train and develop the Spa departments; ability to motivate the staff and developing incentive programs to improve their productivity.
- Language: Required to speak, read and write English, with fluency in other languages preferred.
- Physical Requirements: Must be able to exert physical effort in transporting _____ pounds, endure various
physical movements throughout the work areas, reach up and down, remain
stationary at times throughout work periods, and satisfactorily communicate with guests and co-workers to their understanding.
- Licenses & Certifications: None required.