Full job details
Provide all facial, salon, massage and body services offered by the Spa at Rosewood Abu Dhabi. Cultivating and maintaining a professional attitude at all times.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all Rosewood Abu Dhabi departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Anticipate guests’ needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas.
- Maintain knowledge of hours of operation, memberships, reservations, fees, treatments, products and merchandise as well as pertinent hotel information.
- Set up and organize workstation with designated supplies, forms and resource materials; report shortages to supervisor.
- Be familiar with all hotel/spa packages, promotions, prices and rates.
- Attend all scheduled meetings, classes and training sessions; knowledge required within the Spa must be passed on to co-workers.
- Perform opening procedures.
- Maintain inventory products.
- Schedule guest appointments.
- Verify medical releases from guests with applicable medical conditions.
- Conduct appointments according to guest’s comfort and desire. Follow service protocol.
- Follow draping procedures.
- Prepare guest consultation. Be thoroughly familiar and able to recommend Spa products and treatments as well as know pertinent hotel information.
- Sanitize implements.
- Sell/promote merchandise.
- Complete required post- treatment documents.
- Follow dirty linen procedures and room set up.
- Handle emergency procedures and report any accidents to your manager and security.
- Close station.
- Responsible for stocking supplies needed for cabinets (sheets, towels, blankets, refill oils, creams, and all products used by therapists while performing their treatments).
- Fill out necessary commission report at the end of each day.
- Follow established standard guideline for massage/treatment procedures.
- All other duties as required.
- Experience: Minimum 2 years’ esthetics/ massage experience in a luxury spa environment,
preferably within a luxury hotel.
- Education: High school diploma. Diploma or degree in a related field. Esthetic Certification from
the Cosmetology Association of BC. CPR certified.
- General Skills: Must be able to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy;
prioritize, organize and follow-up; be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems, using good judgment; follow directions thoroughly; understand a guest’s service needs; work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team; work with minimal supervision; maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
- Technical Skills: Ability to:
· Language: Required to speak, read and write English. Additional language is an asset
- Physical Requirements: Must be able to endure various physical movements throughout the work areas, reach
up and down, be available at times throughout work periods, and satisfactorily communicate with guests and co-workers to their understanding.