Full job details
Process all soiled hotel bed linens, terry and food and beverage table linens by operating all laundry/dry cleaning machinery in accordance to hotel's standards. Clean, press and finish staff and guest garments, as well as designated guest room fabrics and articles.
· Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, service procedures and standards.
· Ensure that standards are maintained at a superior level on a daily basis.
· Operate the ironing and folder machines according to specifications. While processing cleaned articles through the machines, check the cleanliness and condition of each; separate damaged/stained articles.
· Fold cleaned articles and stack into designated amounts by type and size. Place stacks in specified carts for distribution.
· Replenish F&B closets with clean linens on a daily basis.
· Document and process guest requests for laundry, dry cleaning and pressing of garments, hotel uniforms and
designated management garments in accordance with departmental specifications.
· Operate wet cleaning equipment and use specified chemicals according to procedures.
· Process and finish garments according to garment labels.
· Separate stained/damaged hotel uniforms and determine status for repair, recleaning or discard; maintain
continuous inventory of discard uniforms.
· Place finished wet cleaning garments in designated areas for distribution.
· Maintain accurate poundage records of dry cleaning and laundry according to departmental procedures.
· Maintain accurate piece count of iron, towel, and pillows.
· Report faulty equipment, damaged garments/linens, shortages, maintenance needs, safety hazards and problems to
· Remove lint and debris from drains, dryer filters and change filters as specified in departmental procedures.
· Maintain cleanliness and organization of work areas throughout shift.
· Transport trash containers to dumpster, empty and clean according to standards. Adhere to recycling procedures.
· Breakdown and clean work areas/equipment according to departmental standards.
· Use designated chemicals, supplies and equipment to clean laundry room floor.
· Maintain cleanliness and organization of supply/storage closets in accordance with departmental procedures.
· Restock work areas for next shift as assigned.
· Wax iron/towel folder twice daily or as needed.
· Exhibit a friendly, helpful and courteous manner when dealing with guests and fellow employees.
· All other duties as required.
· Experience: Previous experience in a similar position.
· Education: High school diploma.
· General Skills: Must be able to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy;
prioritize, organize and follow-up; be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment; follow directions thoroughly; understand a guest’s service needs; work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team; work with minimal supervision; maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
· Technical Skills: Knowledge of laundry/dry cleaning equipment and chemical handling; knowledge of
finishing techniques for all types of fabrics; ability to operate all machinery in
laundry/wet cleaning areas; ability to follow directions; ability to remain extremely
alert while operating machinery; ability to exert physical effort in the movement of
bundles of soiled/cleaned bed linens, terry and food & beverage linens into/out of
laundry machines; ability to endure working in areas of high temperatures with
accumulations of lint.
· Language: Required to speak, read and write English, with fluency in other languages preferred.
· Physical Requirements: Must be able to exert physical effort in transporting _____ pounds, endure various
physical movements throughout the work areas, reach up and down, remain stationary at times throughout work periods, and satisfactorily communicate with guests and co-workers to their understanding.
· Licenses & Certifications: None required.