Full job details
Take food and beverage orders, retrieve and serve alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverages and food orders to guest tables according to hotel specifications, courteously and efficiently. Collect payments. Assist in the maintenance of the restaurant area and equipment.
• Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, service procedures and standards.
• Ensure that standards are maintained at a superior level on a daily basis.
• Maintain complete knowledge of table/seat/station numbers, room capacity, hours of operation, proper table set-up and dress code of the restaurant.
• Maintain complete knowledge of all liquor brands, beers and non-alcoholic selections, correct glassware and garnishes in the restaurant.
• Maintain knowledge of the particular characteristics and description of every wine/champagne by the glass and major wines on the wine list.
• Maintain complete knowledge of all menu items, prices, preparation method/time, major ingredients and quality standards of taste, appearance, texture, serving temperature, portion size, garnish and method of presentation.
• Maintain complete knowledge of and strictly abide by state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons and drunk driving.
• Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
• Maintain complete knowledge and comply with all departmental policies/service procedures.
• Maintain complete knowledge of P.O.S. and manual systems.
• Complete opening side duties as assigned:
Check quality and amount of all restaurant stock and supplies using checklist.
Requisition all necessary supplies and transport from storeroom to restaurant.
Set tables according to service standards
Set up all condiments (butter, jellies, syrups, juices) and beverages (non-alcoholic) according to service standards.
Ensure a sufficient supply of all silverware, glassware and chinaware for service.
Prepare all cold food items (cereals, fruits and salads).
Check cleanliness and condition of assigned station and service areas; rectify any deficiencies.
Set up side station with supplies and equipment.
• Take guests’ food and beverage orders, utilizing suggestive selling techniques.
• Record order of guest following departmental service procedures.
• Input order into system and ensure transmission of food orders is verified by kitchen.
• Legibly document orders when system is down and distribute food orders to kitchen.
• Retrieve all alcoholic beverage items from bar and serve to guest in accordance with the departmental standards.
• Open and serve wine/champagne bottles in accordance with departmental standards.
• Make all varieties of coffee in accordance with the departmental standards.
• Serve all food courses and non-alcoholic beverage items to the guest in accordance with departmental standards.
• Anticipate guests' needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
• Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
• Be familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
• Handle guest complaints following the six-step procedure and ensuring guest satisfaction.
• Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned station and service areas.
• Guide the activities of the assigned Busperson(if any)to ensure optimum service to guests.
• Clear each course following procedures laid down in departmental manual.
• Remove soiled wares from tables as assigned and transport to dishwashing area.
• Present guest checks and process payments through the Cashier.
• Adhere to payment, cash handling and credit policies/procedures.
• Clean and reset tables immediately after guest departs.
• Collect and report tips at the end of the assigned shift.
• Complete closing side duties:
Properly store all reusable goods.
Breakdown all goods as specified in departmental standards.
Clean all equipment as assigned in the side duties.
Restock items for next service.
Remove all dirty linen.
Marry and stock all condiments.
Reset tables for next meal period.
• Complete all closing reports as assigned and leave duty after reporting to Captain.
• Exhibit a friendly, helpful and courteous manner when dealing with guests and fellow employees.
• All other duties as required.
• Experience: Minimum three years’ experience as a fine dining Waiter.
• Education: High school diploma.
• General Skills: Must be able to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy; prioritize, organize and follow-up; be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment; follow directions thoroughly; understand a guest’s service needs; work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team; work with minimal supervision; maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
• Technical Skills: A bility to understand guests' service needs; ability to be well organized, maintain concentration and think clearly when providing service to guests within any given period of time; ability to focus attention on details; ability to suggestively sell restaurant menu items, beverages and wines; ability to access and input information into P.O.S. system; ability to maintain good coordination and timing while serving orders quickly; ability to exert physical effort in transporting food and beverage guests; ability to endure abundant physical movements throughout the work areas.
• Language: Required to speak, read and write English, with fluency in other languages preferred.
• Physical Requirements: Must be able to exert physical effort in transporting 40 pounds, endure various physical movements throughout the work areas, reach up and down, remain stationary at times throughout work periods, and satisfactorily communicate with guests and co-workers to their understanding.
• Licenses & Certifications: Minimum 21 years of age to serve alcohol.